The Cyber & Threat Management Intern is a member of the Paddy Power Betfair security team.
This role is responsible for the analysis of threat intelligence data and integration of that data into security tools and processes. A key requirement of this role is the ability to collaborate effectively with other security functions to ensure that threat intelligence is being used effectively to enhance security defence and detection capabilities.
This role will provide the successful candidate hands on experience dealing with cyber-crime and exposure to a wide array of security tooling. They will be involved on a daily basis in actively defending Paddy Power Betfair and will contribute to enhancing infrastructure, application and data security.
The successful candidate should expect occasional travel to Dublin, Porto or London.
- Assess internal and external threat data and extract intelligence that could be useful in preventing or detecting attacks.
- Review attack activity in order to build attacker profiles and understand the tactics, techniques and procedures used.
- Perform research on defensive controls that could be used to counter existing or emerging attack techniques.
- Contribute to the development / improvement of security tools.
- Contribute to formal threat reports for management.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships within and outside the security team.
- Assist with investigations, incident response and compliance activities.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical capabilities. Comfortable reviewing / researching new topics and producing concise structured reports or presentations.
- Keen technologist with an active interest in security, cyber-crime and hacking news and developments.
- Good understanding of network security fundamentals.
- Good understanding of application security fundamentals.
- Good understanding of operating system security fundamentals.
- Coding / scripting experience (desired but not mandatory)