Betfair Romania Development is Paddy Power Betfair’s Software Development Center in Cluj.
We offer career opportunities in Java, Web, Oracle/DW, QA, Linux, Application & Network Security, Business Analysis, Project Management, Product, User Experience, Agile and SCRUM, in 3 main project streams: Gaming, Platform Development and Enterprise Data Services.
The people in our Technology teams are passionate about creating products that are unrivalled across the industry.
We take pride in having the best people, the best ideas and the best products. So it’s not surprising that we lead in the industry. In fact, we’re the best there is.
If you’ve got the ambition to work on challenging projects and take responsibility from the word go, it’s time we got together.
Overall Purpose of Job
Betfair Romania is looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and critical thinker to join our team as Procurement Specialist.
Based in Cluj Napoca and reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, this role will ensure that the operational Procurement process runs smoothly and effectively and responds to queries from business units.
You are experienced and comfortable working on multiple tasks and working to tight deadlines. You have strong interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail.
You have the ability to manage contract lifecycle management. You are comfortable using ERP systems such as Oracle iProcurement. You are comfortable within a team environment where you will service a number of different stakeholders.
- Assist and lead where required in commercial and contractual negotiations with Suppliers
- Assist and lead where required in the full procurement lifecycle, including supplier relationship management
- Establish and maintain long-term working relationships or partnerships between the company and selected suppliers, in order to improve -time-to-market’ and to safeguard capacity, quality, cost, minimise risk and assure continuity of supply and relationships in the long term
- Support/lead the end-to end delivery of supplier contracts in accordance with agreed roadmaps to meet the business needs
- Build strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders and act as a functional bridge between external vendors and internal stakeholders
- A key requirement is the ability to provide financial analysis on key Vendor Information such as tracking budgets, forecasts and spend data
- Responsible for the contract lifecycle management process and engaging with various teams (Business, Procurement team, IT Security, Tax and Legal)
- Ability to read and understand different types of legal agreements
- Responsible for managing the Contracts database and making sure the contract information is updated on a regular basis
- Strong Excel skills knowledge of large spreadsheets, pivot tables, sorting and reporting
- The ability to learn new systems quickly. Previous experience of contract management and/ iProcurement Oracle systems is desirable
- Manage and control the day to day tasks for the online procurement system (Oracle iProcurement)
- Review and release purchase orders using the Oracle iProcurement/Purchasing modules on a daily basis
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between invoices, good receipts and purchase orders
- Maintain/update iProcurement Stores & item lists – includes working with Finance and Tax teams to ensure accuracy in configuration
- On a monthly basis run and manage the Procurement Report to include our open Purchase Order Report
- Manage the Procurement email Inbox and answer queries in a timely manner and assist users on iProcurement
- Managing the supplier set up and change processes including verification of details and vetting of suppliers
- Become a champion of the Procurement policy whereby you will field various questions from different internal business units
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable function to assist in resolving invoice queries.
- Running ad hoc reports for Procurement and the Business, as required.
- Manage and upgrade standard Procurement document templates on our Procurement community page.
- From time to time, work closely with Category Managers or theSenior Operations Manager on specific Procurement related projects
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, planning and time management skills and proactive nature
- Proven ability to work to deadlines, prioritise, and perform as part of a team to meet team objectives
- Monitor responses and manage requests for information ensuring appropriate and timely responses are provided.
- Ideally will have 1-2 years’ experience of working in a Procurement function
- Have a working knowledge of an ERP system ideally Oracle Purchasing/iProcurement
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver key messages through presentation, communication and written methods
- Logical and strategic thinking
- Ability to spot themes, trends and anomalies through data analysis to enable better business decision making
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a desire to learn
- The desire to work in a dynamic team environment
- Excellent Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
Education & Experience:
- 1/2 years’ experience working in a Procurement Specialist role
- Degree Level Educated
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment
- You must enjoy interacting with a high volume of people on a daily basis.