Delivery Assurance Lead
Paddy Power Betfair (PPB)
Reports to: Delivery Assurance Manager, Customer Engagement & Acquisition Location: Cluj, Romania
The Delivery Assurance Lead is responsible for Portfolio planning of product and technology initiatives based on prioritization input from Delivery Assurance Manager and Stakeholders and for owning relationship suppliers from a technology perspective under Customer Engagement & Acquisition
The role has specific responsibility for internal and external dependency management and delivery risk management.
This role reports into the Delivery Assurance Manager, Customer Engagement & Acquisition and will require travel to other locations including London, Dublin and Porto.
- Delivery Portfolio Planning and Reporting of all initiatives under Customer Engagement & Acquisition
- Input into overall prioritisation led by Delivery Assurance Manager and Portfolio Manager with focus on technical dependencies and efficiencies
- Clearly articulate priorities to the delivery teams and stakeholders
- Facilitate Technology input into Investment Requests and Business Cases with supervision from Delivery Assurance Manager.
- Internal and External dependency management for roadmap initiatives together with Project Management/Programme Management.
- Delivery Risks and Issues and Implement mitigation plans
- Work together with the Heads of Tribes on resource allocation, initiatives planning and efficiencies implementation.
- Work together with the Delivery Managers on removing blockers for delivery, sprint planning and tracking against roadmap, ongoing dependency management.
- Own key communications to 3rd parties: change freezes, key events, project initiation, project closure
- Provide a clear view on suppliers budget and ongoing budget management
- For new suppliers, coordinate technical due diligence and clearly articulate the technology input
- Work with partner management and commercial negotiations team on contract renewals
- Focus on continuous improvements in Customer Engagement & Acquisition tribes
- 3+ years of experience in a related function is required
- Proven track record of delivering technology through multi-disciplinary teams using agile and lean software development methods;
- Structured thinking and a clear ability to plan and deliver technical outcomes to get to the end architecture;
- Successfully managed customer engagements to completion and customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain complex technical challenges in a simple and effective manner;
- Ability to set priorities and focus teams on what is most important;
- Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders based on mutual respect, openness and transparency;
- Works at pace and conveys a sense of urgency to the team;
- Leads by example in terms of work ethic and professional attitude;
- Able to project manage work and prioritise effectively;
- Works well under time and environmental pressures;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- INFLUENCING SKILLS – Highly developed stakeholder management skills; able to collaborate well and develops strong relationships.
- CULTURE FIT – Pace, high self-awareness, high IQ and EQ, ambitious, low ego, transparent, entrepreneurial, high integrity, accountable, results-focused and flexible.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Strong communications skills are a crucial requirement in this position, as technical solutions often need non tech-based inter-departmental explanations, especially when dealing with support teams.
- RESILIENCE – Is resilient and confident under pressure; handles and manages crises effectively; maintains a positive attitude despite adversity; bounces back from setbacks; grows from hardships and negative experiences
- NEGOCIATION SKILLS – Reach agreement by seeking mutual benefit and maintaining relationships
- Experience of working with agile development practices
- Experience in implementing 3rd party products and platforms