This role has responsibility for all Paddy Power Betfair Group companies within Europe, including locations and employees. The BCM will lead the operation and continual improvement of PPB’s Business Continuity. The primary focus is on ensuring all functions across Betfair understand their key processes & activities, and that existing recovery capabilities meet business needs, using a risk-based approach.
- Lead the development, and hands-on implementation, of effective Business Continuity across the European business.
- Build and maintain the Business Continuity Management System (policy, processes, reporting, communication plan, training & awareness)
- Ensuring and assisting business areas in maintaining Business Impact Assessments (BIAs).
- Analyse the data from BIAs/BCPs to highlight inconsistencies and challenge business requirements where appropriate
- Ensuring and assisting business areas to build and maintaining effective Business Continuity Plans (BCPs) based in requirements obtained during the BIA process.
- Using a risk approach to BC activities to focus work on high impact areas of the business
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and standards (such as BS25999/ISO22301 and align PPB processes where appropriate) and support with evidence all the regulatory requirements that PPB is subject to.
- Working with the Supplier Assurance and Group Procurement & Vendor Management teams to understand any business continuity concerns / actions required with suppliers.
- Working with the Risk team to oversee and drive the treatment of BC related risks
- Ensure regular testing and exercising is carried out: quarterly deliverables, scenario-based table top exercises with key representatives from technology & business area
- Ensure emergency notification tooling is maintained and regularly tested
- Build and maintain close relationships with stakeholders and key business areas throughout the organisation
- Contribute to the development of a Crisis Management framework covering Business Continuity incidents as well as other crisis scenarios.
Key Strengths & Skills:
- Expertise in BC (and IT DR) planning and implementation (BC certification is useful)
- Good understanding of BC & DR related standards and best practice guides (ie. ISO 22301)
- Experience in defining, implementing and enforcing risk-based standards, processes and procedures for responding to disruptions in business or IT operations
- Experience leading and managing high-performance multidisciplinary workgroups or teams to meet goals across multiple projects
- Ability to quickly understand and adapt to a complex, rapidly changing, global organisation, e.g. changing organisational structure and stakeholders
- Ability to independently prioritise and plan, execute activities to a plan and report on progress
- Strong experience dealing with Director-level from technology and business area
- High-level technical understanding of infrastructure design Proven, hands-on approach – not only developing plans and strategies, but owning completion of activities within the plans
- Display visible drive, initiative and ownership of business continuity, to give senior management across the business confidence in its management and execution
- An ability to work as part of a department in a very fast paced and changing environment
- A strategic thinker, with strong project management and negotiation skills
- Excellent accuracy and analytical skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including to executive-level management
- High level of initiative, creativity and motivation
Communication: Strong communicator with a logical, structured, clear, credible and mature style. Capable of quickly engaging audiences of all levels. Not afraid to challenge senior business stakeholders, including the ExCo team, where necessary.
Commercial acumen: Knowledge and understanding of company vision, strategy, operations and products. An ability to anticipate and capitalise on changes in the market. Will have a strong network and points of view on emerging trends that will create value and de-risk the business.
Ability to drive change: Ability to drive change to continually improve performance and address changing business conditions. Understand the changing pace of business, identify practices and critical business processes impacting speed/ effectiveness of service delivery; plan, initiate and drive change.
Business engagement and relationship management: The ability to build strong relationships with customers and stakeholders, as well as clients and peers that drive value creation.