We’re expanding the Data team and we’re looking for people passionate about Data, paying attention to accuracy, latency with interests in Machine Learning, Predictive Analyses, stream consumptions based on Kafka, R, Cloud architecture.
We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, highly skilled Senior Quality Assurance professional to join our great team of data engineers in building high-end, high quality applications in large data environments (100TB+ in size).
A QA engineer with proven data integration skills is required by Paddy Power Betfair to Quality Assure Data Warehouse and Reporting solutions delivered by the Data team. The successful candidate will have good technical and problem solving skills, with a positive and results driven attitude, a strong communicator who can interact with both technical and non-technical people.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Functional Testing of Data Integration & Reporting solutions
- E2E testing – from source data stores through to reports, including test data set up
- Interact with the Product Owner to ensure suitable understanding of requirements
- Review acceptance criteria for the user stories & ensure required test coverage
- Own defect management lifecycle
- Design & develop repeatable, automated test cases
- Drive Test Driven Development practices
- Drive Environments best practices
- Own data delivery regression test pack
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Background in functional testing with the ability to plan, design and execute test cases
- Experience of Agile software development practices
- Proven diagnostic and debugging skills
- Understands Data, Data Integration, Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence
- Experience of Hands On testing in the data space
- Experience in writing SQL
- Experience in ETL/ELT/BI Tools
- Energetic and analytical approach to problem solving
Key Skills & Attributes
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Enthusiasm for the software development process.
- Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines
- Good English language skills