Reporting Line: Corporate Real Estate and Workspace Management
Job Location/Office: Cluj
This is a key position, managing our working environment in Cluj, reporting to the Head of Corporate Real Estate and Workspace Management.
The Workspace Manager role has five principle objectives:
- To maintain and improve our internal customer focused working environment to the highest standard.
- Work with key stake-holders within the business to ensure that working environment continually meets the changing needs of the business.
- To manage the workspace management team both direct and indirect team members, providing the team with objectives and giving them guidance and development opportunities.
- Working with the CRE & Workspace Management Team, develop and roll out policies and procedures that enhance the operation of the business. We work on the basis that simplicity rules.
- To deliver all of the above on time and on budget, each year you will work with the CRE & Workspace Management team to deliver a proposal for the next year’s budget.
- Development and implementation of Facilities and Property related policies in line with the Global Corporate Real Estate Management Team.
- Preparation and management of Facilities operating and capital expenditure budgets, monitoring expenses and payments, generating and presenting regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases.
- Development and implementation of cost reduction and cost effectiveness initiatives
- Negotiation and management of services contracts to ensure that economies of scale are achieved reducing the overall cost of facilities management to the core business and ensuring that a consistent, quality service is provided across the group by our service providers.
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships and coordinate and monitor activities of suppliers.
- Development and implementation of FM programmes including preventative and reactive maintenance, life-cycle requirements and service level agreements.
- Conduct and document regular workspace inspections.
- Plan and manage all workplace services including reception, security, cleaning, catering, waste disposal, catering, vending and parking.
- Plan and coordinate intra-office moves and allocate and manage space for maximum efficiency.
- Supervise refurbishment and renovation projects including maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry code, this needs to be done in partnership with the HSQA Team.
- Performance manage, develop, train and ensure efficient utilisation of staff.
- Plan and monitor energy efficiency.
- Implement and manage processes and procedures to ensure robust 24/7 response to workspace and equipment alarms and system failures and to requests and issues from occupants.
- Communicates Effectively
- Influencing skills
- Decision Quality
- Drives Results
- Being Resilient
- Strategic Mind-set
- Detailed knowledge of and strong experience in building services and maintenance, construction and property management
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of business administration
- Working knowledge of financial principles and practices
- Working knowledge of human resource management principles and practices
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of project management
- Working knowledge of procurement and contracts
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
- Strong supervisory experience
- Competent user of FM software tools and MS office applications incl. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level with suitable qualifications in Facilities Management, Property Management or Construction Management
- Membership of the IPFMA, BIFM or other professional body, NEBOSH or IOSH qualified
- The suitable candidate is unlikely to have less than 10 years’ experience in FM and will have a demonstrable track record of being the responsible manager of a large corporate office or similar facility.