This role will be responsible for the strategy and execution of Paddypower Betfair communications strategy and in scope activities for our business unit based in Cluj. This person will manage an Events Team to develop and implement the Events strategy while being be a strong partner to the Director of Cluj Office in providing strategic counselling and insights regarding external relations and employment market.
The role includes strategic communications with media and external relations engagement within the business community as well as in relation to authorities.
The Head of Communications and Relations will build a cohesive external positioning strategy which supports the location and company’s objectives and will represent the company to external events.
Working together with the Cluj Leadership Team, Talent & Development, Office Management, Human Resources, Finance and Facilities the role will focus on building an internal and external events roadmap and implementation of industry leading events with measurable benefits.
The Head of Communications and External Affairs will oversee the budget associated to the Events Roadmap including external and internal events.
Working closely with senior stakeholders the role will build an engagement framework on the most common engagement points and provide local know how such as market, talent and culture by bringing together internal and external subject matter experts in these areas. In more complex areas, the role will formulate and lead projects from concept to operations for meeting stakeholder needs.
This role reports into the Director of Cluj Office and will require travel to other locations including London, Dublin and Porto.
- Build a cohesive external positioning strategy which supports the location and company’s objectives
- Attend industry functions, such as events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique brand promise and selling attributes that will produce value in terms of awareness and employer branding
- Work with Romania Leadership Team, Talent & Development, Office Management, Human Resources, Finance and Facilities to build internal and external events roadmap
- Create a framework and an ecosystem of qualified relevant suppliers for gathering innovative ideas for internal and external events
- Provide support to all globally run events for successful implementation
- Budget planning and management of events internally and externally
- Identify most common engagement points at a location level from stakeholders
- Build an engagement framework with input from the subject matter experts for location specific projects in order to meet success criteria as defined by stakeholders
- Location specific project planning, execution and regular communication, including senior stakeholder management
- Develop and grow the team experience in delivering with excellence high tier events
- Experience of leading, development and delivery of effective stakeholder engagement programmes
- Previous leadership experience of teams
- Experience of programme/project planning processes and techniques, programme/project methodology.
- Awareness of corporate, industry and professional standards in the programme/project Management environment.
- Track record in delivering impactful marketing and communications strategies with measurable outcomes
- Budget management
- Strategic planning and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high sense of urgency
- Confident and self-guiding, able to hit the ground running due to excellent sector expertise and insight
- Outgoing and proactive in networking with people from all sectors
- Strong interpersonal skills, building relationships with stakeholders
- Results focused with experience of evaluating engagement work
- Excellent understanding of a broad range of communication disciplines
- Ability to thrive in a changing organisation