The Infrastructure Security Associate Engineer is a member of the Paddy Power Betfair security team
This role is responsible for providing practical security advice as early as possible in the lifecycle of a project or initiative. A key requirement for the role is to be able to build trust with teams and operate as an enabler for the business while at the same time driving security best practices.
The role needs to lead by example in the definition, creation, implementation and driving the implementation of security controls to continually improve Paddy Power Betfair’s security posture.
The successful candidate should expect occasional travel to London\Dublin and our near shore location in Porto.
- Work with the security team and other teams to provide infrastructure security consultancy and engineering services.
- Work with the security team and other teams to provide solutions, not problems. Use a risk-based, consultative approach to help accountable individuals identify and assess security risks and recommend if the risks are acceptable.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the security aspects of applicable new services and technologies, e.g. AWS, virtualisation and automation, to support the implementation of secure services for Paddy Power Betfair.
- Own and deliver pieces of work to design new security services, or enhancements to existing services.
- Contribute to the implementation of security solutions, based on agreed designs.
- Create and drive adoption of infrastructure security standards and policies.
- Work proactively with other teams (e.g. Architecture, IT Operations) to drive improvements to Betfair’s security posture.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure compliance with relevant external requirements such as gaming regulations.
- Perform security risk assessments and reviews.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships. Some examples of key working relationships are: Retail, IT Operations, as well as all other teams within the Security department and vendors/suppliers/3rd parties.
- Assist with investigations, incident response and compliance issues.
- Previous experience working in an IT Security role or with relevant technologies
- Experience in providing actionable security input and assistance at all stages (Architect/Design, Build, Operate) of major technology projects
- Knowledge of security requirements for systems, networks and applications
- Knowledge of Network Security principles and practices
- Experience of operating system security (Linux/Unix and Windows)
- The ability to conduct vulnerability assessments of all types of network infrastructure
- Participate in multiple projects and activities which may be varied in scope and complexity
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, presentations) while maintaining an ability to talk in layman’s terms about security
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision, and can be relied upon to deliver good quality results by agreed deadline
Commercial acumen: Knows how the business works and how the organisation makes money and stays competitive. Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation. Articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
Ability to drive change: Talks about the future possibilities in a positive way
Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision
Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organisation wide energy and optimism for the future
Business engagement and relationship management: Works cooperatively and partners with other across the organisation to get work done. Uses knowledge of business drivers to guide actions