We are looking for a Database Engineer with proven data integration skills to develop and support Integration, ETL (ELT), Data Warehouse and Reporting solutions, as well as data driven and ML based services such as personalization or customer profiles offered as APIs and streams to other business units. Working within an agile environment you will team up with Data Warehouse, ML, data services and QA engineers and system integrators to work on projects prioritized by various areas of the business;
The successful candidate will have good technical and problem solving skills, with a positive and results driven attitude, a strong communicator who is capable of interacting with both technical and non-technical people.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work as an effective member of a scrum team – understanding and contributing to the agile delivery process, and taking ownership for your team’s software quality from concept to production
- To promote the production of reusable code and modules where appropriate with a view to maximising effort and reducing development costs applying principles of Agile delivery.
- To ensure risks and issues are identified in a timely manner and effectively communicated with proposed resolution and mitigation strategies to the Data Delivery Manager.
- Work as an effective member of a scrum team – understanding and contributing to the agile delivery process,and taking ownership for your team’s software quality from concept to production
- Write and maintain functional and technical specifications
- Monitor, optimize and trouble shoot database, microservice, stream and ML service performance
- Analyse code for problem resolution
- Thorough, demonstrable unit testing
Experience & Qualifications:
- Demonstrates experience with Qlik View
- Good understanding of Qlikview scripting language, as well as data modelling in Qlikview
- Knowledge and experience with Qlikview graphical interfaces
- Knowledge on Qlikview task scheduling and debugging
- A good understanding of Qlik architecture and best practices
- Proven development skills in at least one of the following:
- Kafka or another message based streaming platform
- Machine learning and analytics in either python or R
- Unix Scripting
- Open source NoSQL technologies (e.g. MongoDB, CouchDB, ElasticSearch).
- AWS (preferable) or experience of data engineering on another leading cloud vendor
such as GCP or Azure
- Good SQL knowledge and experience of relational databases
- Dimensional data modelling
- Good knowledge of object oriented or functional programming in either Python or Java
- Experience of database performance analysis and design
- Unit testing knowledge
- Demonstrable experience with high-volume data loads (terra bytes and above)
- Knowledge of ETL from highly transactional (1000s records/second) OLTP systems
- Exposure to Continuous Delivery / Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Go, Jenkins)
- A proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast moving commercial environment
- Demonstrates exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and consistent high energy levels
- Experience of large data warehouse (10 TB+) with multiple sources and outputs
- Knowledge of the online gaming/gambling industry
- Educated to degree level in a science or technology related field
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines
- Passion & flexibility to work the hours required to see projects to completion in a timely, accurate & efficient manner.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of pride in work produced.
- Proven ability & desire to innovate.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Enthusiasm for the software development process.
- Good English language skills.