We’re after someone who has a strong customer mindset and is interested in creating the next generation of web and native app experiences for the Paddy Power and Betfair brands.
At Paddy Power Betfair, our team is responsible for designing products which are used by millions of avid users every day. This means our UI designers do more than just paint a pretty picture. They craft and tell stories through the eyes of our customers and play a vital role in making our products simple, usable and delightful.
As a UI Designer, you’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process – from brainstorming and validating ideas to last minute tweaking of interactions right before launch. We have a strong culture of being collaborative and slightly mischievous, so if you like to (over) share and don’t take yourself too seriously, then you’re someone we’d love to meet.
- Translate wireframes into mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Design and deliver visuals optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
- Support strategic initiatives (e.g. guidelines, new ways of working)
- Present work back to stakeholders confidently
- Document and share feedback on project updates
- Question feedback using the Paddy Power Betfair Design principles.
- Three or more years of UI design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments
- Strong portfolio proving a good understanding of UX design best practices and of modern, responsive design
- Ability to work with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet Paddy Power Betfair’s client needs
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- A relevant Diploma, Degree or Postgraduate Qualification is preferred, but not mandatory
- A very strong grasp of the English language, both spoken and written, is a must