Please not that this is a 1 year fixed-term contract role.
Paddy Power Betfair (PPB) is expanding its Sports operations team in Cluj, Romania and we are recruiting for a Head of Sports Operations to lead the team. The role will be based in Cluj. The Sports operations team is charged with managing a significant proportion of both sportsbook and exchange operations for PPB and its partners. Operations in this context covers a wide variety of responsibilities across the lifecycle of sports events including market set up, content management, in-play market management and settlement amongst others.
We are looking for a candidate with exceptional leadership capability and who has delivered at a consistently high level in an operational role previously. The role will report directly to the Managing Director of the Department and will have a close working relationship with the Heads of Football, Racing, Sports & Exchange Operations based in Dublin. The main responsibilities of this role will include managing the performance and development of people to build a team that delivers operational excellence with a key focus on exceptional customer experience.
- Understand the current ‘As-Is’ operation and define, own and implement a new, efficient and sustainable ‘To Be’ operation;
- Build and develop a culture of operational excellence ;
- Ensure all operational activities are delivered in the most effective and efficient manner in line with the KPIs set by the Managing Director of the Department;
- Ensure regular and timely checks are conducted with any gaps proactively addressed;
- Continually challenge existing processes and methodologies, improving efficiency and standards of service;
- Ensure training and upskilling of staff, including defining and hiring of expertise needed from across the business to allow effective knowledge transfer ;
- Implement and challenge performance management processes, ensuring frequent and high quality feedback is delivered to all team members;
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with operational teams across the business, specifically between Dublin, Melbourne and Cluj;
- Work effectively with the Cluj Leadership team to ensure a good fit for the team within the wider Cluj operation;
Essential skills and behaviours
- Excellent organisational skills
- A passion for sport and knowledge of sports betting would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication skills with ability to collaborate effectively
- A passion for training and coaching people
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute flawlessly at pace
- Ability to build successful relationships and positively influence people – including direct reports, peers and stakeholders
- Analytically minded and comfortable taking a data-driven approach to understand problems
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and work well under pressure
- Team player with personal characteristics that engender trust and confidence
- Inquisitive, always asking why and not stopping until the problem has been solved
- Flexibility to travel
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- A high score in a degree from a quality University.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and inspire an effective team including training and development.
- A good level of numeracy is required.