Core Automation Team:
This is a key role within the Cloud Automation Technology team. Our focus is to provide automation to the infrastructure teams. The team is located across 4 Paddy Power Betfair (PPB) sites (Romania/Portugal/London/Dublin ) and you will be working closely with all 4. The role will be focused on automating the deployment and support of the Infrastructure components and tooling that underpin our OpenStack Private Cloud, that will be consumed by our Operational Infrastructure Teams.
PPB operates at an incredible scale and with this comes some amazing technology and incredible people. The Core Automation team sits right in the middle of this, offering world class IaaS and Automation. Tasked primarily with developing and maintaining the core OpenStack infrastructure – the teams also work closely with other technical teams to help relentlessly improve our process, tools and skills. This is what has made us a multiple award winning team (Red Hat Innovation Award 2016, Hewlett Packard award for Innovation 2016, OpenStack SuperUser 2017). If you Google “Paddy Power Betfair OpenStack” you should get a good feel for what we do.
- Day-to-day activity improving our OpenStack infrastructure, tooling and process; including project work.
- Proactively and relentlessly seeking opportunities to automate manual process.
- Using feedback from the Development and Infrastructure Operational Teams to improve the infrastructure.
- Keeping Paddy Power Betfair at the forefront of innovation in the IaaS and infrastructure-automation arena.
- Research and development of tooling and/or process to enable delivery and infrastructure teams.
- Raising the technical profile of Infrastructure Automation within Paddy Power Betfair and of Paddy Power Betfair in the wider technical community.
- Participating in and promoting the Paddy Power Betfair DevOps Community.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Coding in Python.
- Aptitude for evaluating and embracing new technologies and tooling.
- In depth technical knowledge of OpenStack and one or more of: Linux, Networking, Storage or Databases.
- Background in large scale, site delivery and operations.
- Excellent scripting skills.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to our PPB Sites (UK, Ireland, Romania, Portugal).
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Development experience in Java or Go.
- Exposure to Ansible or Chef.
- Excellent presentation skills for both internal and external conferences.
- Understanding of continuous delivery, cloud infrastructure, config-as-code.
- Agile delivery methodology.