We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, driven technical professional to work in a team of engineers developing for and feature-improving a highly available product using J2EE and other internet technologies.
The successful candidate will have exceptional technical and problem solving skills, with a positive, results driven attitude.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Review product specifications in order to give development estimates and product feedback.
- Innovative technical design and creative of technical specifications.
- Thorough, demonstrable unit testing.
- Code reviews, by and for peers.
- Software creation, adhering to and feeding back into departmental standards and guidelines.
- Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
Key Working Relationships:
- This position involves working with and been part of a cross-skilled development team, and will have regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Betfair products & tools.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Proven commercial experience with highly concurrent and scalable Java enterprise applications
- Understanding of and experience with application architectures (service oriented, client/server, web, database).
- Good understanding of application scalability issues
- Experience with unit testing/mocking frameworks e.g. JUnit, Easy/JMock,
- Experience with build tools e.g. Maven2
- Experience with web and application servers
- At least 3 years’ experience.
- Experience with REST, Web Services(SOAP), Spring
- Experience with Web/Application Servers: JBoss, Tomcat
- Experience with Oracle or SQL Server databases.
- Exposure to non-Microsoft operating systems.
- Understanding of the full development cycle and some experience of Agile development methodologies and supporting tools e.g. JIRA, Confluence
- Experienced with encryption and secured communications
- Experienced in troubleshooting application distributed faults
- Passion & flexibility to work the hours required to see projects to completion in a timely, accurate & efficient manner.
- Proven ability & desire to innovate.
- Strong analytical skills.