The Associate End User Support Engineer is an individual who will be the first point of contact for all end user incident and request management. The role is hands on in managing our end user requests, issues and problems and help with deployment and support of our corporate systems.
This role is for a dedicated, self-motivated, technical professional with a strong customer service focus. The purpose of the role is to provide a high level of technical support for the existing Windows and Apple based infrastructure, hardware and software as well as mobile phones, printers etc to our end users across all sites. The individual is responsible for providing a world-class level of customer service and IT Support to our business. In addition to support, the role may also involve procurement of IT hardware and software as required for the end users as well as dealing with vendors and suppliers.
A general knowledge and understanding of IT Support environments with some previous experience or background in this area is desirable.
This role can be based at any of our offices and may require travel to all other offices locations.
- Providing proactive support for all our colleagues via various methods (walk-ups, desk side, remote, phone support etc)
- Support all IT systems and facilities in the assigned office, supporting all the users with a myriad of systems including Video Conferencing, bespoke conference rooms, meeting rooms, TV, AV etc.
- Supporting the end users before, during and after any office moves to ensure that all IT Systems and equipment are operational with minimum disruption to the end users
- Investigating and resolving as many incidents as possible, taking ownership of issues, co-ordinating multiple support teams when required, and communicating effectively to users throughout;
- Taking responsibility for logging all reported incidents, and contributing to root cause analysis in order to improve service on an on-going basis.
- Managing all end user requests ensuring that the relevant approvals have been obtained as per defined processes and policies
- Working to a high standard of service management, with an emphasis on customer service, documentation & availability
- Proactively maintaining the infrastructure to prevent failures/issues and improve performance, availability and resilience.
- Escalating issues as necessary to the other teams, without losing the ownership of the overall issue
- Responsible for learning and executing of ALL internal processes and procedures related to the End User Support department and ensuring they are followed, with deviations being reported or escalated as required.
- Maintaining a record of all end user devices issued by or returned to the IT team on the IT Asset Register
- Maintain a good stock of general IT kit and peripherals for the user base and place orders for equipment as and when required following the standard procedures for procurement
Essential Key Strengths:
- Good general IT Knowledge and awareness of latest technologies related to End User environments
- Microsoft Office – installation and troubleshooting knowledge
- Microsoft Outlook knowledge
- Very good hardware knowledge in PCs, Laptops, Printers and other devices
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Quick learner with a willingness to develop technical skill sets
- Good logical thinking
- Good follow-up skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to prioritise and focus under pressure
- Some skills or basic awareness of the following industry standard products including Windows 8/Windows 7, Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2010, Outlook 2010/2013, Office 365, MS Lync, SCCM, Casper, follow me printing and Multiple Web browsers;
- Some knowledge in supporting multiple Mobile device platforms, iOS/Windows 8, Android
- Some Networking experience is desirable
- At least one year experience in IT Support or Customer Support environments
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner, with a positive results driven attitude
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work as an individual as well as within a highly demanding team environment
- Flexibility and adaptable in their approach to customer and business needs
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution demonstrating a positive, can do, proactive approach to issue resolution
- Desire to learn about new products and keep abreast of new product developments