We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, driven technical professional to work in a team of engineers developing for and feature-improving a highly transactional, high availability, highly scalable product using .Net and other internet technologies for our partner, Betfair.
Betfair is the world’s leading person-to-person betting exchange, using a concept which is revolutionising the betting industry.
The successful candidate will have exceptional technical and problem solving skills, with a positive, results driven attitude.
- Review product specifications in order to give development estimates and product feedback.
- Innovative technical design and creative of technical specifications.
- Thorough, demonstrable unit testing.
- Code reviews, by and for peers.
- Software creation, adhering to and feeding back into departmental standards and guidelines.
- Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Passion & flexibility to work the hours required to see projects to completion in a timely, accurate & efficient manner.
- Self motivating.
- Proven ability & desire to innovate.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven experience in .Net Framework, C#, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, Web/Windows Services, .NET Remoting
- Commercial experience and interest in application development.
- Experienced with source control and unit testing frameworks e.g. NUnit.
- Experienced with Oracle or SQL Server databases
- At least 2 years experience
- Exposure to non-Microsoft operating systems.
- Understanding of betting / gaming systems.
- Experience with SOAP, XML
- Understanding of the full development cycle and some experience of Agile development methodologies
Knowledge of the betting industry is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or appropriate postgraduate qualification)