Making customer journeys as simple and effective as possible is a critical part of digital marketing. Optimising journeys can have a huge impact on the success of digital marketing activity.
The Conversion Manager will have responsibility for optimising customer journeys from digital marketing content to the Paddy Power and Betfair websites across all regions and products. With a particular focus on new customer acquisition, the Conversion Manager will apply test and learn methodologies to landing pages, driving up conversion metrics over time.
The successful candidate will need to work very closely with all members of the Digital Performance team as well as the wider Digital function to ensure that testing plans are understood and agreed. Taking the results from these tests, compiling the insights and using them to make data driven decisions will form the basis of the role day-to-day.
- To be recognised as the subject matter expert for the marketing conversion funnel.
- Own all marketing A/B testing throughout the customer journey
- Deliver insights into customer journeys, identifying pain points and detailing user drop off points.
- Create and maintain a Marketing Metrics Dashboard to provide conversion visibility to the business.
- Develop a process for quickly and easily identifying parts of a given journey that are broken.
- Develop a close relationship with Product teams in order to get frequent access to site optimisation testing tools and make recommendations for marketing specific tools where relevant
- Strategic Mindset: takes a long-term view and anticipates future trends and implications
- Business Insights: has a nose for business, uses insights to impact commercial drivers
- Drives Results: gets stuck in and achieves results that impact the bottom line with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Collaborates: is a team player – works with others across the organisation to get things done
- Customer focus: Thinks about customers 24/7, and puts them at the heart of all that we do
- Must have expert level skills with:
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Analytics
- Prefer experience with:
- Data visualisation software (e.g. Tableau / Qlik view)
- Must have a successful track record as an analyst in a high volume, data-rich, complex online business, including excellent understanding of data and analytical technical infrastructure
- Naturally inquisitive mind-set: wants to understand behaviour, look for patterns, find new problems/solutions.
- Highly numeric/analytical degree
- Must have an excellent understanding of the financial and operational KPIs upon which business decisions are based and against which strategic success is measured
- Ideally will have experience within and a passion for the industry, our products and a good understanding of how other functional teams operate
- Experience within a marketing function desirable.