We require a passionate security mind to participate in the security review of products built in-house and ensuring alignment with the Betfair technology strategy. In this role you will work closely with project teams throughout the organisation ensuring security is thought about and delivered early in the project lifecycle. You will often be supporting multiple projects simultaneously and will have to ensure timely delivery of security inputs. You will also help design standards and controls necessary to ensure the security of information systems assets, including prevention of intentional & inadvertent access, modification, disclosure, or destruction.
As a trusted business partner you will provide insightful and timely security advice that enables Betfair business initiatives to move at pace whilst ensuring risk are clearly articulated and appropriately managed.
- Coding in order to automate security activities covering the large production services estate
- Work closely with software Architects and make new projects secure from the first phases of SDLC together with them.
- Champion application security throughout the software development lifecycle
- Work as part of a team delivering against the architectural strategy and roadmap
- Build strong business relationships with partners inside and outside Betfair to understand mutual goals, requirements, options and solutions to complex or intangible software security issues
- Full service engagement and provide ideas, options, solutions and advice to projects
- Work as part of teams building software providing security guidance
- Use and promote software, systems and operational security design methodologies
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies to detect, mitigate, triage, and remediate software security defects across the enterprise
- Work with application and product teams across Betfair to encourage a security mindset throughout product development processes from concept to testing and implementation
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Interest in managing and performing security assessments (design review & pen test)
- Excellent understanding of threats, vulnerabilities and risk. Ability to help people to clearly and accurately articulate complex threats and risks, controls and mitigations.
- Technical experience with any of the following advantageous; Python, Java , Spring, web services, JMS, AJAX, .net, Oracle database, Oracle Coherence, IP networking, HA & DR
- Good communication and documentation skills – ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization
- Flexible attitude and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Computer Science degree or equivalent professional certification desirable
- AWS and cloud technologies exposure
- Broad technical knowledge and ability to pick up new technologies quickly