This is a key role within the Risk and Trading Technology team. A dynamic and exciting team with lots of potential for growth. This team is central to delivering the product roadmap for our Risk and Trading sports platform.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Owner to deliver game-changing improvements for Paddy Power Betfair’s customers and business. Your role consists of being the main interaction point between Product and Technology. Using lean and agile techniques, you will be responsible for delivering business value, fast.
Reporting to the Product Delivery Manager, you will bridge technical and business worlds as you continually deliver improvements and innovative features across the full range of Risk and Trading product. You will be required to develop a deep understanding of the current functionality of R&T applications. You will have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at speed.
The ideal candidate will have both product owner and business analysis skills.
- Leading the requirements gathering effort based on Product Management input.
- Creating a vision of what we are trying to achieve and conveying this to the development team.
- Analysing business applications to understand the dependencies between components and how they combine to deliver value to the end consumer and to the business.
- Writing user stories, acceptance criteria, stocking, grooming and prioritizing backlog.
- Ensuring the timely availability and accuracy of requirements, so the engineering teams can develop software as efficiently as possible.
- Producing release plans, running show and tells and producing release communications
- Keeping Technology management, Programme Management and Product Management well informed of the status of development, requirements and scope.
- Creating high-quality, easily maintained deliverables and documentation.
- Balancing commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities.
- Ensuring all solutions meet company-wide, ‘hygiene’ requirements in terms of non-functional performance, security, compliance, social responsibility.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, drives for simplicity and clarity, able to confidently present and influence senior management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Commercial awareness of the core business of Paddy Power Betfair.
- Self-motivated with strong decision making skills.
- Driven to continually deepen insight into the core business of Paddy Power Betfair and leveraging those insights to focus development effort.