This is a lead role working within the central Sports Operations team. The team is focused on the smooth operation of our Sports products with responsibility for a wide range of areas including content management, event creation, event settlement, in-play management and event management. The role involves working closely with the wider parts of Paddy Power Betfair to ensure 100% operational efficiency and execution.
The role will report into the Head of Sports Operations. In particular, you will lead the Content&Promotions Management activities across all products. You will be responsible for liaising with stakeholders, planning and task management for the Content Management team, focus on quality of the implementation and fulfill stakeholder’s needs. You will also work closely with technical, product management, and marketing members of our organization, so strong communication skills are needed.
- Act as a customer for product and technology teams on the backend tools used day to day. Work cooperatively for defining scenarios and requirements on how operational efficiency can be increased.
- Input into overall prioritization, perform planning and manage exceptions
- Work with the other Operations Managers on processes and be ambassadors in the team
- Lead the workflow definition and execution against it
- Organizing team to get things done
- Define best practices and ensure team is adhering to them
- Support the delivery of key projects to completion by engaging with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver the desired outcome
- Creating and delivering a roadmap of continuous improvement.
- Ownership of all real time issue escalation. Tracking of all bug tickets until resolution.
- Attracting and developing top talent. Identify high performers and work with them to achieve their goals and identify others that need to stretch their abilities.
- Contribute to planning excellence by providing input on how to do things better, what works and should become part of the business as usual process
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Focused on results and being a problem solver on a daily basis
- Strategic thinker and ability to translate into actionable plans
- Customer focused. Ability to identify opportunities that benefit the customer and deliver these through solutions that meet customer expectations.
- High degree of resilience, perseverance, focus and commitment is essential
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience in the Sports industry
There are five key values that we live by:
- Relentless Will To Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
- Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
- Integrity: We take pride in doing what’s right. No exceptions.
- Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
- Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.