Our Sports Operations function within PPB Betfair is responsible for ensuring we deliver an industry leading sports betting product, competitive pricing and a best in class customer experience. We strive for excellence in every aspect of the operation and look for people who are numerate, smart and ambitious.
This role involves working in rotating shifts. The business schedule includes day shifts (9 A.M. to 12 P.M. timeframe), weekends included. Night shifts might occur, according to the business needs.
It provides the opportunity to contribute to the evolution of the Exchange and Sportsbook products and gain exposure to the key operations of what makes an industry leading betting company.
In this entry-level position, you will be responsible for supporting the Betfair Exchange and both the Paddy Power and Betfair Sportsbooks in a wide range of tasks to facilitate the business in delivering the best customer experience and product offering. This position can provide a solid platform for progression throughout the organization for high performing successful applicants.
- Working with the team to ensure relevant and accurate sports content is displayed on the products website
- Contribute to the team’s work with tasks like online creation, management and settling of sports events and betting markets for PPB customers. Worry not. We’ll show you how.
- Conducting regular and timely checks of our betting markets across Exchange and Sportsbook and escalate any gaps to the Team Lead
- Responsible for ensuring all our Live Video streams and In Play data appear on our sites
- Execute operational best practice while consistently providing ways to improve operational processes to drive departmental efficiencies
- Supporting the Sports Operations teams to ensure critical operational tasks are completed to a high standard
- Seek to improve, optimize and evolve current working practices to drive efficiency and quality
- Ability to learn a new role’s tasks in a fast pace environment
- Effective collaboration. Work cooperatively and partner with others across the organization to get work done
- Resilient and confident under pressure
- Ability to seek to improve, optimize and evolve current working practices to drive efficiency and quality
- Effectiveness in communication to team members to finish projects to a high level.
- Customer focused. Ability to identify opportunities that benefit the customer and deliver these through solutions that meet customer expectations.
Key Attributes and Skills
- Passion for Sports
- Team player who brings fun to the team
- An interest in betting and knowledge of both fixed odds and exchange betting
- Proficient Microsoft Office user, particularly Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Minimum of 1 years’ relevant experience in an operational capacity