The Security Operation Manager is a senior manager with the Paddy Power Betfair security team, reporting to the Head of Security for Infrastructure and Operations.
The role has a global responsibility and will be required to build and run the security operations centre for Paddy Power Betfair. In addition to day-to-day security operations this role will encompasses leading a team of security operation analysts that oversee, manage and are first responders for security incidents and events. This role will be required to participate in On-Call support.
The successful candidate should expect travel to Dublin, London and Porto.
- Managing and running the Paddy Power Betfair Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Building and evolving the tooling and processes required to build and maintain a SOC
- Working with other security teams and the wider technology team to ensure key security / intrusion monitoring tools and technology are in place and working effectively.
- Challenging our security operations services to ensure we are meeting the needs of our organisation / internal customers
- Manage and coordinate all security incidents for Paddy Power Betfair
- Manage and run a service that provides full SOC coverage for core business hours for our European based business while also providing 24/7 coverage for security incident management. Note, core business hours may include Saturdays.
- Collaborate with wider security team to ensure the Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) platform is receiving and correlating pertinent information
- Build and maintain strong and positive relationship with key stakeholders across the organisation
- Meet stakeholder needs by routinely engaging with other teams to evaluate the SOCs ability
- Work with the technology risk function to ensure identified threats and risks are captured and recorded in line with our risk management policy, procedures and standards
- Consolidate and report relevant metrics and related key performance indicators (KPIs) and key risk indicators (KRIs) as and when required
- Manage and coordinate all work demands and schedules / shifts for the security operations team while presenting a clear view of capacity and capability across the team.
- Manage individuals and team performance to maintain a high and consistent standard
- Manage staffing requirements by guiding recruitment, hiring, training, development, and retention of team members
- Develop and improve processes through innovation while improving efficiency and meeting KPIs
- Collaborate with other security teams and teams outside of the security function
- Have the ability to gain a deep understanding of operational risks and drive the response process in order to minimize the impact of those risks
- Strong technical skills, problem solving abilities and the ability to communicate effectively across the our enterprise
- Critical to this role is having strong crisis management ability, situation awareness and being a resilient technology leader.
- Have the ability to inspire and lead a team of security operation analysts
- Excellent verbal and writing communications skills with the ability to modify style to influence technical and business stake holders
- Disciplined and logical thinker, with the ability to draw conclusions from large and complex data sets
- Be capable of identifying and developing strategic plans that meet the goals and objectives of the SOC
- During incident be able to identify and understand pertinent details and provide tactical advice to leadership teams
- Prior experience working in fast paced environments, and ability manage workload even during times of stress or escalated activity