The Security Operations Intern is a member of the Paddy Power Betfair security team, reporting to the Security Operations Manager.
The Security Operations Intern is responsible for the day to day security monitoring of Paddy Power Betfair’s enterprise information systems, data loss prevention investigations, and content filtering analysis. The team ensures that information security threats and incidents are detected quickly, responded to swiftly and efficiently, and contained so as to minimise the impact to the organization.
- Data loss prevention investigations
- Content filtering analysis
- Managing and monitoring other key security tools
- Work on security-related requests
- Support efforts to improve security posture
- Assist with forensics analysis and fact gathering
- Continuous focus on service improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Basic understanding of networking protocols and operating systems
- Understanding of Python, Java or similar scripting/programming languages
- General understanding of information security practices
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team fostered, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, with a drive to continue learning and developing new skills
- Passionate about security
- Industry certifications from vendors: CISCO, Juniper, CompTIA, iTIL, Unix, Microsoft
- Previous experience in adjacent areas such as: Security Operations Center, Network Operations Center, System Administrator, Platform/Tool Support Engineer, IT Helpdesk support
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.