We are looking for a new colleague to dedicate 0.5 of their time to the Accounts Payable Operations team (as AP Ops Assistant) and 0.5 of their time to the Romanian statutory accounting team (as Financial Accountant).
Being part of the PPB Group, the local accounting team is responsible for preparing two sets of accounts (Group and statutory).
The Accounts Payable Operations team process almost 65,000 payments per year for the PPB Group, carry out payment runs twice a month, and are responsible for managing employee expenses. It’s a high volume, fast-paced environment, and every day brings something new!
Similarly, the statutory accounting team looks after all local AP, all local statutory and tax compliance work.
If you have an interest in growing a career in Finance, this could be the role for you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and brilliant financial accountant to join our team!
Key Responsibilities | AP Ops Assistant
- Invoice processing & data entry; ensuring that invoices are input accurately and efficiently;
- Reviewing employee expenses, and ensuring they’re in compliance with the PPB Travel and Expenses Policy;
- Building and maintaining strong, positive, and collaborative relationships with suppliers and colleagues, ensuring that your service to them is consistently of a high quality;
- Assisting colleagues with queries about invoices and payments;
- Communicating with the PPB team members across all departments on expenses awaiting approval;
- Investigating and resolving colleagues’ queries to ensure that all payments are made within agreed terms;
- Any other associated ad-hoc duties as assigned.
Key Responsibilities | Financial Accountant
- Processing all supplier and client invoices, by providing detailed information across internal cost centres (teams);
- Performing month-end and year-end activities; assisting the Senior Financial Accountant with the preparation of monthly statutory returns and bi-annual financial statements in accordance with Romanian GAAP;
- Accounting for fixed assets: additions, disposals, depreciation, and amortisation runs;
- Works towards tax optimization, by ensuring all expenses are covered by supporting documentation and are tax deductible where appropriate;
- Assists with the statutory and Group internal and financial audits and the preparation and completion of statistical returns;
- Assists the Senior Financial Accountant in the development and the implementation of effective accounting policies, procedures and processes;
- Local AP activities – bank and cash payments;
- Ensures internal control procedures are known and observed by all staff involved in the documents cycle;
- Accounting Degree or equivalent;
- 2 years of relevant accounting experience;
- Previous experience in financial accounting is a must; excellent knowledge of Romanian legislation;
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written);
- Team player, self-motivated, committed, pro-active, and results-oriented;
- Good business and commercial acumen;
- Customer focus – ability to build relationships across Paddy Power Betfair;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to manage large data sets with a high degree of accuracy;
- Great attention to detail in order to execute flawlessly at speed;
- Strong communication skills – ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the business;
- Desire to learn;
- Must work to agreed deadlines;
- Highly organised, and able to work on own initiative;
- A willingness to challenge and think differently;
- Excellent PC skills.
Nice to have…
- Knowledge of Oracle eBusiness Suite;
- Strong MS Excel skills;
- Creative and writing skills.
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.