Betfair Romania Development is Paddy Power Betfair’s Software Development Center in Cluj.
We offer career opportunities in Java, Web, Data Warehouse, QA, Linux, Application & Network Security, Business Analysis, Project Management, Product, User Experience, Agile and SCRUM, in multiple project streams: Gaming, Platform Development, Data Services, Sports Operations, Marketing.
We’re expanding the Data team and we’re looking for people passionate about Data, paying attention to accuracy, latency with interests in Machine Learning, Predictive Analyses, stream consumptions based on Kafka, R, Cloud architecture.
We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, highly skilled Senior Quality Assurance professional to join our great team of data engineers in building high-end, high quality applications in large data environments (100TB+ in size).
Senior QA engineer with proven data integration skills is required by Paddy Power Betfair to Quality Assure Data Warehouse and Reporting solutions delivered by the Data team. The successful candidate will have good technical and problem solving skills, with a positive and results driven attitude, a strong communicator who can interact with both technical and non-technical people
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work as an effective member of a scrum team – understanding and contributing to the agile delivery process, and taking ownership for your team’s software quality from concept to production. Own and devise the data test strategy
- Create and promote the use of behaviour/test-driven development at multiple levels within the software by pairing with production code developers and product owners
- Functional Testing of Big Data Integration & Reporting solutions
- E2E testing – from source data stores through to reports, including test data set up
- Interact with the Product Owner to ensure suitable understanding of requirements
- Review acceptance criteria for the user stories & ensure required test coverage
- Own defect management lifecycle
- Design & develop repeatable, automated test cases
- Drive Test Driven Development practices
- Drive Environments best practices
- Own data delivery regression test pack
- To be proactive and drive the building of effective relationships across Data and key areas of the business stakeholder community
- To ensure risks and issues are identified in a timely manner and effectively communicated with proposed resolution and mitigation strategies to the Data Delivery Manager
Key Working Relationships:
This position involves working with and been part of a cross-skilled engineering team, and will have regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Paddy Power Betfair products & tools.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Background in functional testing with the ability to plan, design and execute test cases
- Experience of Agile software development practices
- Proven diagnostic and debugging skills
- Understands Data, Data Integration, Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence
- Experience of Hands On testing in the data space
- Experience in writing SQL
- Experience in ETL/ELT/BI Tools
- Understanding of Data Modelling
- Exposure to Continuous Delivery / Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Go, Jenkins)
- Energetic and analytical approach to problem solving\
- Demonstrates excellent people skills
- Demonstrates exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and consistent high energy levels
Key Skills & Attributes
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Enthusiasm for the software development process.
- Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines
- Good English language skills
At Betfair, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Therefore, we value people who deliver a great service that directly benefits our customers. We look for five key values in our people:
- Relentless Will To Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
- Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
- Integrity: We take pride in doing what’s right. No exceptions.
- Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
- Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.