Our continued business success and growth demand a lot from our technology, including transaction volumes that surpass many of the world’s leading financial institutions.
The successful candidate will have technical and problem-solving skills, with a positive, results driven attitude.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Creating CSS-based layouts using semantic, W3C standards-compliant HTML.
- Review product specifications in order to give development estimates and product feedback.
- Innovative technical design and creative of technical specifications.
- Work in an Agile environment.
- Software creation, adhering to and feeding back into departmental standards and guidelines.
- Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
- Self-learning is considered to be a plus.
- Creative problem solver.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders.
Key Working Relationships:
- This position involves working with and be part of a cross-skilled development team and will have regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Betfair products & tools.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Java junior level
- HTML, CSS (layout, media, typography, selectors), JS at junior level.
- Proficient in cross-platform, cross-browser issues, HTML/CSS/JS problem-solving.
- Knowledge of CSS3, HTML5, ES6, and emerging technologies.
- At least 1 year of experience.
- Understanding of the full development cycle and some experience of Agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP).
- Experience with content management systems.
- An eye for visual precision and attention to detail.
- Understanding of and experience with application architectures (client/server, web, database).
- Experience with JS front-end frameworks like Angular or React.
- Team player who brings also fun to the team.
- Strong analytical skills.
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.