Is this you?
You have spent years using agile and lean practices to deliver world class software. You are a Kaizen creature who never stops thinking about how to improve yourself and your team.
When hardware fails, your applications keep going because they are fault tolerant. When the company grows, your applications scale right alongside. Customers enjoy using your applications, because they are reactive and always perform well.
You understand that building the ‘right thing’ is as important as building the ‘thing right’, and have leveraged test-driven techniques such as ATDD to achieve both. You believe that software quality is the responsibility of the whole team, regardless of job titles.
You understand and embrace the philosophy of Continuous Delivery. You have no interest in throwing your work ‘over the wall’ to anybody. Instead, you passionately believe in an agile, DevOps-centric team that builds, tests, releases and operates its own applications.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Design, develop and execute automated tests
- Increase automated test coverage
- Assume ownership of project automation requirements and deliverables
- Contribute to the overall testing effort on projects
- Work on improvements to the existing automated test framework
- Ensure integrity, validity, testability of all product specifications
- Analyze software product and development process and provides input for decisions regarding the actions to be taken to ensure and enforce product quality
- Continuously strive to improve the efficiency and coverage of the QA processes
Key Working Relationships:
- This position involves working with and been part of a cross-skilled engineering team, and will have regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Betfair products & tools
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- 2-5 years relevant experience is recommended, but we are mostly interested in skills and potential.
- Good commercial experience using Cypress, Selenium or similar tools
- Experience of Agile software development practices
- Good commercial experience working on successful automated testing projects
- Background in functional testing with the ability to plan, design and execute test cases
- Proven diagnostic and debugging skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.