We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, highly skilled Quality Assurance professional to join our great team of data engineers in building high-end, high quality applications in large scale low latency data environments (100TB+ in size).
A QA engineer with proven data integration skills is required by Paddy Power Betfair to Quality Assure Data Warehouse and Reporting solutions delivered by the Data team. The successful candidate will have good technical and problem solving skills, with a positive and results driven attitude, a strong communicator who can interact with both technical and non-technical people.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Functional Testing of Data Integration & Reporting solutions
- E2E testing – from source data stores through to reports, including test data set up
- Interact with the Product Owner to ensure suitable understanding of requirements
- Review acceptance criteria for the user stories & ensure required test coverage
- Own defect management lifecycle
- Design & develop repeatable, automated test cases
- Drive Test Driven Development practices
- Drive Environments best practices
- Own data delivery regression test pack
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Background in functional testing with the ability to plan, design and execute test cases
- Experience of Agile software development practices
- Proven diagnostic and debugging skills
- Understands Data, Data Integration, Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence
- Experience of Hands On testing in the data space
- Experience in writing SQL
- Experience in ETL/ELT/BI Tools
- Energetic and analytical approach to problem solving
Key Skills & Attributes
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Enthusiasm for the software development process.
- Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines
- Good English language skills
At Betfair, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Therefore, we value people who deliver a great service that directly benefits our customers. We look for five key values in our people:
- Relentless Will To Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
- Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
- Integrity: We take pride in doing what’s right. No exceptions.
- Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
- Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.