JOB TITLE: Product Manager, Customer Engagement
REPORTING LINE: Lead Product Manager
JOB LOCATION/OFFICE: Cluj-Napoca
The role sits within the Customer Engagement Product Team who build business enablers that delight customers and enable the business to scale. The team works closely with Betfair International P&L, Emerging Markets and Regulatory Compliance teams, amongst others, to launch new regulated markets and ensure PPB products and features remain compliant.
Reporting to the Lead Product Manager, this new Product Manager role will be responsible for prioritising and developing the product improvements, which are required to ensure each of our brands are compliant according to regulator guidelines across all Customer Engagement customer touchpoints. In addition to meeting a regulator’s compliance requirement, all improvements should be delivered to the highest standard so customer’s experiences are not only enhanced but also best-in-class. The Product Manager is expected to work across all stages of the Customer Lifecycle and will also support other key Customer Engagement initiatives aligned to the company’s strategic goals, as needed.
This role will work closely with the Lead Product Manager, Emerging Markets Senior Product Manager, the Regulatory Compliance Team and various other stakeholders across other teams to help build out the plan to deliver the necessary improvements required to keep both brand’s products and features compliant across all Customer Engagement touchpoints. This will include launching compliant websites in new and existing markets as and when they become regulated by their respective governments and PPB attains a licence. Based on customer needs and business objectives, the role will also work with the broader Product, Data and Design Team, Customer Operations Team, Marketing Teams and others to deliver best-in-class and compliant product experiences that are scalable across multiple languages and jurisdictions.
You will be:
- Customer obsessed, considering how our customers interact with our products and using data and insights to help make decisions at each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Outcome focussed and ensure product improvements not only keep us compliant but also have a positive impact on customers and the business.
- Openly curious, finding new and disruptive ways to solve problems and continually think differently.
The role will also work closely with a broader community of product managers across Paddy Power & Betfair to share and leverage best practice.
The Product Manager will:
- Be metric obsessed, monitoring and reporting on product and customer KPIs, aligned to PPB strategic goals.
- Work with Product Managers across the team, to clearly articulate the respective customer and business “why” behind initiatives.
- Understand distinct segment personas, drivers of performance, behavioural attributes pain points and customer journeys and use evidence to demonstrate customer needs.
- Gather and manage product feedback from surveys, user research, customer data & analytics and A/B testing when required.
- Capture and translate customer problems user needs into requirements and priorities.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining the Customer Engagement roadmaps ensuring it is aligned to the PPB EU strategy and outcomes.
- Liaise with the Lead Product Manager and Director of Customer Engagement Product to agree development objectives and translate into prioritised and measurable goals.
- Provide clear product direction and focus on measurable outcomes and success metrics, not solutions.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Live and breathe evidence-based product development and day-to-day management.
- Be accountable for achieving Customer Engagement Product Key Results and supporting KPIs aligned to BF & PP strategy and outcomes.
- Obsess about driving positive customer impact, measuring and tracking key product performance and ensuring all stakeholders across teams are aligned to product specific goals.
- Work with Product Managers, Customer Operations, P&L, Trading, Payments, Responsible Gambling, Legal & Compliance and Technical teams to identify opportunities and improve customer experience and ultimately product performance.
- Co-ordinate competitor and market activity monitoring and continuously assess strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for our products.
- Coordinate product launches with the Product Managers, Marketing, Operations and P&L teams
- Lead on product launches with marketing and P&L teams and ensure that our Customer Operations teams have the right tools in place to support these products.
- Ensure all initiatives have defined customer needs, clearly articulated business cases and time-based success metrics that are agreed with key stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define & communicate the product outcomes
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure buy-in, alignment and successful delivery of the PPB roadmap vs. success metrics
- Needs to assist in identifying and developing top talent both external to the team and within the team
- Needs to mentor junior members of the team i.e. Product exec or graduate to develop their skillset
- Needs to champion ideation sessions within and beyond the product management team
- Needs to look for global product synergies and look to drive relationships across the group
The Product Manager will…
- Be Customer Obsessed: Builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders; champions the needs of customers and the importance of exceeding expectations; builds and delivers solutions that exceed customer expectations; prioritises customer satisfaction and builds commitment in others to provide outstanding service
- Communicate Effectively: Provides clarity on goals; is effective in all types of communication; adjusts communication style to fit the audience; consistently communicates the vision and inspires, energises and motivates others throughout PPB; ensures others understand how their efforts positively impact the bigger picture
- Make Quality Decisions: Makes quality, long and short-term evidence-based decisions considering various inputs and through collaborating effectively; regularly practices and encourages cross-functional problem solving and decision making.
- Win Together: Gains trust and support of others; can establish and engage networks to get stuff done; seeks out opportunities to partner across organisational boundaries
- Be Nimble: Is energised by new and unfamiliar situations and can learn quickly when faced with new situations and be open to new ideas and ways of working; proactively shares lessons learned across the organisation
- Be Hungry for Results: Drives teams in the matrix to achieve and exceed results with agility, pace and energy through high impact, bold and challenging objectives; always takes accountability for results and can cut across silos to make the right decisions that they and others can be proud of; develops a strong reputation with stakeholders for being trusted, fair and for doing what’s right
- Be Commercially Savvy: Aware of emerging external factors and changing market dynamics; has good understanding of business drivers and the industry to guide decisions and lead others
PPB CULTURAL BEHAVIOURS
The Product Manager will live and breathe the PPB culture:
- Customer Obsessed: At PPB we lead the market by creating deep customer loyalty. We do this by delivering products and experiences our customers love.
- Outcome Focussed: At PPB, we are ruthlessly focused on the business outcomes we prioritise. We always see things through and judge ourselves against the impact not the input.
- Openly Curious: At PPB, we challenge ourselves to think differently, and we experiment to find new and disruptive ways to solve problems. We take time to reflect and listen to others to ensure we continuously improve.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Track record of outperformance vs. peers
- Experience working in an online business
- Online product management or development experience is essential
- Experience owning complex online products and working with senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of the sports betting industry would be an advantage
By submitting your application online, you agree that your details will be used to progress your application. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your HR record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair roles.