We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data team, working for Sportsbet Australia. The role is available in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
The Data Engineer is a key role within Data Platforms, responsible for delivering innovative and sustainable data driven solutions to provide Sportsbet a competitive advantage in the market.
- Analyse and question business requirements.
- Actively contribute to the solution design.
- Accurately estimate effort and hold yourself and others accountable for delivery.
- Develop high quality, high performing code which meets the business need.
- Continuously improve our platforms / services with each release – new initiatives are an opportunity to deliver faster than last time.
- Optimise platforms / solutions to ensure we support our service levels and minimise spend.
- Identify gaps and implement best practices across operational processes, DevOps, deployments etc.
- To promote the production of reusable code and modules where appropriate with a view to maximising effort and reducing development costs
- Develop and socialise patterns and standards for use across the organisation.
- Automate processes wherever possible.
- Innovate and challenge the status quo by introducing new ideas and concepts to the team.
- Support what we build – taking ownership of production issues, working with stakeholders through to resolution.
- Identify, escalate and mitigate operational risks.
- Conduct regular performance tuning across our platforms to ensure optimal usage of resources.
- Perform regular maintenance and audit activities (patches, upgrades, user access reviews, DR tests etc.) as required to ensure stability.
- Identify and act on opportunities for automation.
Ways of Working
- Share SME knowledge and upskill other team members as required.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and assess / promote the adoption of these within the broader team.
- Collaborate across other teams to ensure project success
- Highly motivated and delivery focused thought leader.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively and constructively with internal stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to successfully deliver to multiple streams of work in a high-pressure environment.
- Agile mindset with a focus on value driven iterative solutions.
- Aptitude in communication with stakeholders and team members.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Low ego / team driven behaviours.
- Desire to challenge the status quo.
- History of knowledge sharing with team mates.
- Ability to identify and act on potential improvements to systems
- To ensure risks and issues are identified in a timely manner and effectively communicated with proposed resolution and mitigation strategies
- Strong experience in developing software with Java and or Python.
- Comprehensive knowledge about APIs – ability to design RESTful services and integrate with other data providers.
- Involvement with CI/CD platforms and pipeline deployments patterns (Jenkins, Bamboo, Shell Scripting, Unit/Integration Testing)
- Experience with data streaming based architecture.
- Exposure to a variety of databases technologies (NoSQL, PostgreSQL, SQL) and ETL tools (Talend, SSIS, NiFi, AWS Glue).
- Broad experience and familiarity with AWS technologies
Ideally experience with:
- Fast paced agile based environment
- Test-driven development techniques
- A clear understanding of systems analysis, component based system design and modern software development principles
- Experience with serverless based technologies.
- Exposure to AirFlow, Spark, Genie, Sqoop, Flume, Flink would be beneficial.
Experience 2+ years of development experience in a cloud first, data centric organisation.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.