Position Summary We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our Data team, working for Sportsbet Australia. The role is available in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
The Cloud Engineer plays a key role in developing and maintaining the services through which channels consume our data assets and supporting innovative and sustainable data driven solutions to provide Sportsbet a competitive advantage in the market.
- Continuously improve our platforms / services with each release – new initiatives are an opportunity to deliver faster than last time.
- Optimise platforms / solutions to ensure we support our service levels and minimise our spend.
- Identify gaps and implement best practices across operational processes, DevOps, deployments etc.
- Develop and socialise patterns and standards for use across the organisation.
- Automate processes wherever possible.
- Innovate and challenge the status quo by introducing new ideas and concepts to the team.
- Support what we build – taking ownership of production issues, working with stakeholders through to resolution.
- Manage platforms to meet uptime and availability expectations of stakeholders.
- Identify, escalate and mitigate operational risks.
- Conduct regular performance tuning across our platforms to ensure optimal usage of resources.
- Perform regular maintenance and audit activities (patches, upgrades, user access reviews, DR tests etc.) as required to ensure stability.
- Identify and act on opportunities for automation.
Ways of Working
- Share SME knowledge and upskill other team members as required.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and assess / promote the adoption of these within the broader team.
- Collaborate across other teams to ensure project success
- Highly motivated and delivery focused thought leader.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively and constructively with internal stakeholders / partners.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple platforms and streams of work in a high-pressure environment.
- Agile mindset with a focus on value driven iterative solutions.
- Aptitude in communication with stakeholders and team members.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Low ego / team driven behaviours.
- Desire to challenge the status quo.
- Extensive experience with data focused AWS technologies.
- 2+ years of developing software with Java and or Python.
- Extensive experience with infrastructure as code and CI/CD platforms and pipeline deployments patterns. (Jenkins, Bamboo, Shell Scripting, Unit/Integration Testing).
- Experience with data streaming based architectures.
- Exposure to a variety of databases technologies (NoSQL, PostgreSQL, SQL) and ETL tools (Talend, SSIS, NiFi, AWS Glue).
- Strong technical documentation and knowledge sharing skills.
Ideally experience with:
- Fast paced agile based environment.
- Test-driven development techniques.
- A clear understanding of systems analysis, component based system design and modern software development principles.
- Understanding of the full application development life-cycle and supporting methodologies.
- Experience with serverless based technologies.
- Exposure to AirFlow, Spark, Genie, Sqoop, Flume, Flink would be beneficial.
2+ years of AWS experience, with a focus on data projects
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.