We are looking for an Engagement Manager to join our Data team, working for Sportsbet Australia. The role is available in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
As an Engagement Manager at Sportsbet you will be accountable for owning early life initiatives, working with the business to accurately represent their needs on the platform team backlog and ensuring it functions as required.
This position will play an integral role within Data Platforms, focusing on enabling data driven outcomes. This team will have a direct impact on the decisions we make as a business and the way we engage with our punters.
- Take ownership of early life initiatives to translate ideas into an understanding of feasibility, complexity, scope and high-level understanding of value.
- Work with departments across the organisation to discover opportunities to streamline or re-invent business processes and see these through to completion.
- Design and implement appropriate story and backlog management structures for a project or team.
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to break complex problems into logical, deliverable solutions, and manage stakeholders of varying technical experience
- Breakdown large/complex pieces of work into items for prioritisation and delivery.
- Lead and influence stakeholders.
- Assess initiatives and feature requests for feasibility and objectively define the cost / value they offer to Sportsbet.
- Play a key role during early life initiatives, managing stakeholders, communications and outcomes.
- Perform detailed technical/domain analysis to help drive the correct solution.
- Lead solution design sessions and ensure appropriate outcomes and drive a solution to most problems without escalation.
- Certify the quality of the solution through development of test plans and support in test case generation and execution.
- Plan and facilitate change management activities.
- Proactively engage and showcase our work to other Sportsbet teams / functions to ensure that adoption and usage of platforms is maximised.
- Define measurable success criteria / objectives for each initiative and ensure this is transparently tracked.
- A passion for all things data.
- Analyse data requirements to assess availability of data, feasibility to meet prioritised requirements and identify ‘quick win’ opportunities
- You have a customer first attitude and constantly strive to improve customers’ experience.
- You question the status quo and look at things in new ways to drive innovation.
- You value and encourage other’s expertise, efforts and ideas and provide support when things don’t always go as planned.
- You challenge yourself to do things differently & go the extra mile to overdeliver on excitement.
- You are passionate about learning and adapting to continually improve.
- You work hard, you don’t take yourself too seriously and you have fun!
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of agile principles & techniques and the ability to communicate these to others.
- Ability to facilitate various meetings and workshops with wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, including influencing and negotiation up to executive level.
- Strong technical knowledge in data and analytics to assist in driving the right requirements and understanding the landscape.
- Proven experience across:
- Acceptance and Evaluations Criteria
- Backlog Management
- Functional Decomposition
- Non-Functional Requirements Analysis
- User Story Development
- Test planning
- Test case development
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- Able to lead and coach others when not directly managing them.
Experience 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Tertiary degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Scrum certification
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.