We are looking for an exceptional Delivery Manager to join our Data team, working for Sportsbet Australia. The role is available in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
You will be responsible for the performance of your team and the quality of technical solutions they delivery through effective technical, project and people management at every step, and involvement in hands on technical delivery of projects.
The Delivery Manager is a key role within Data Platforms, responsible for designing and delivering data driven solutions to enable Sportsbet to obtain competitive advantage, while developing and leading your team.
- Own the delivery of data driven digital initiatives by technically leading delivery of outcomes by logical cross functional delivery teams.
- Manage and develop a talented team of engineers to deliver a challenging roadmap of data driven digital initiatives whilst maintaining best practice approaches to delivering stable and quality deliverables.
- Drive the growth of team members through coaching, development planning and providing career pathways.
- Be a core contributor and collaborator in an open and challenging team of peers within Data Platforms to ensure the strategic objectives of the Data function and broader Technology teams are realised.
- Celebrate wins with the team and ensure we take the lessons out of the difficulties we face.
- Oversee the triage, analysis, planning and design of releases, including risk management, stakeholder communication and post implementation reviews.
- Contributing to the delivery of strategic investment roadmaps within the organization, providing strong technical knowledge and expertise on current and emerging technologies and trends.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders and refine roadmaps for success given project prioritization and budget.
- Communication of designs, progress and achievements across all levels of the organization.
- Manage the delivery of solutions against agreed timelines and scope.
- Ensure solutions are appropriately documented, supported and transitioned into BAU.
- To deliver excellent production quality code and encourage and mentor other developers to do so
- To be proactive in identifying holistic approaches across diverse programs, projects and technologies
- Champion data quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices.
- Upskill team members around technologies / platforms as required.
- Support what we build – maintain production stability of our platforms, setting the team up to respond to issues or outages.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and assess / promote the adoption of these within the broader team.
- Identify and mitigate operational risks.
- Oversee regular performance tuning across our platforms to ensure optimal usage of resources.
- Ensure we are addressing identified audit and tech debt item to ensure stability.
- Highly motivated and delivery focused thought leader with a passion for all things data.
- Proactive and able to lead through ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively and constructively with internal stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple streams of work in a high-pressure environment.
- Agile mindset with a focus on value driven iterative solutions.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders and team members.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Low ego / team driven behaviours.
- Independent and able to thrive in a distributed work environment.
- Desire to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrates excellent people skills
- Demonstrates exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and consistent high energy levels
- Strong experience in developing and operating data platforms comprised of AWS technologies.
- Knowledge of data streaming based architectures and patterns.
- Core Java / Python knowledge.
- Database (PostgreSQL, Redshift) and ETL (Talend, SSIS, NiFi, AWS Glue).
- Involvement with CI/CD platforms and pipeline deployments patterns. (Jenkins, Bamboo, Shell Scripting, Unit/Integration Testing)
- Experience with implementing Monitoring / Logging / Alerting (SumoLogic, PagerDuty).
- Exposure to AirFlow, Spark, Genie, Sqoop, Flume, Flink would be beneficial.
Ideally experience with:
- Fast paced agile based environment
- Test-driven development techniques
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- A clear understanding of systems analysis, component-based system design and modern software development principles
- Understanding of the full application development life-cycle and supporting methodologies
- Consulting and presenting information to different audiences.
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.