We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, self-motivated Automation/DevOps Engineer intern to work within our Data Automation team to support all Data platforms and services across Paddy Power Betfair. The successful candidate will be proactive, thorough and have excellent technical and problem-solving skills, with a positive and results-driven attitude.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work as an effective member of Data Automation team – understanding and contributing to the evaluation and installation of new applications, monitoring and support of existing ones, improving the existing cloud and on-premises environments by using Automation and DevOps tools and processes, scripting, and pushing for automation and an Automation / DevOps mentality.
- Write and maintain functional and technical specifications
- Analyse code for problem resolution
Key Skills & Attributes
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and work to tight timeframes as necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines
- Keen interest in working with new technologies
- Good English language skills
- Knowledge of any of the areas is a plus: Linux/Unix-like administration, RedHat/CentOS, Networking, scripting or programming knowledge (shell scripting, Python)