Procurement Services Senior Analyst
About Paddy Power Betfair
Paddy Power Betfair plc was formed in 2016 from the merger of two of the fastest-growing online betting operators in the world; Paddy Power plc and Betfair Group plc. Paddy Power is an international multi-channel betting and gaming group widely seen as one of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe. Betfair is an innovative online betting and gaming operator which pioneered the betting exchange in 2000, changing the landscape of the sports betting industry.
The combined Group has over 7,000 employees with a market-leading presence in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the USA, as well as a range of B2C and B2B operations across Europe.
Overall Purpose of Job
Paddy Power is looking for a proactive, energetic and motivated team player to join our Procurement team.
The successful candidate will be required to ensure that PPB’s operational Procurement and contract management process run smoothly, responding promptly and accurately to queries from business units. They will help identify opportunities for process improvements and automation, driving projects for their implementation. This role drives reporting on Procurement metrics and KPI’s, including budgeted and actual savings, to audiences that may include executive management.
DEAL SHEET (DS) & SUPPLIER SET-UP
- Administer the Deal Sheet (DS) & Supplier maintenance processes.
- Provide end-user support to stakeholders, including business requestors and approval teams (Procurement-Sourcing, IT Security, Tax and Legal).
- Manage the “Contracts” email Inbox, responding in a timely manner to queries from stakeholders
- Ensure DS are correctly sent to all relevant approvers in a timely manner
- Performance of risk management procedures around maintenance of new and existing suppliers. Includes verification of details provided and vetting of suppliers for credit and compliance risk
- Support customers requiring contract signatures
- Prepare reconciliations showing signed contracts not yet sent to Procurement Services
- Retrieve signed contracts from Sourcing & Business
- Load contracts to Contract Database
- Ensure reports of expiring contracts sent to Sourcing
- Check with Sourcing are actions being taken on expiring contracts.
- Ensuring Contract Database metadata kept up to date.
- Ability to read and understand relevant clauses in legal agreements
- Coordination of projects to revise contracts due to legislative and other business changes (e.g. GDPR)
- Manage and control the day to day tasks for the Oracle iProcurement system
- Review and release Purchase Orders using the Oracle iProcurement/Purchasing modules
- Maintain/update iProcurement Stores & item lists – includes working with Finance and Tax teams to ensure accuracy in configuration
- Manage the Procurement email Inbox and answer queries in a timely manner and assist users on iProcurement
- Managing the supplier set up and change processes including verification of details and vetting of suppliers
- Perform more advanced administration and end-user support tasks (e.g. maintain iProc approval hierarchy)
- Savings Reporting:-
- Liaising with Sourcing Heads to report on actual, budget and forecast savings to Procurement and executive management
- Support preparation of annual Savings budget and quarterly forecast revisions, liaising between Sourcing teams and Finance Business Partners (FBP’s)
- Spend to DS reconciliation:- Preparation and/or review of rec
- KPI & Objectives Dashboard:- review of work performed by junior staff and completion of more advanced sections (e.g. Savings)
- Executive reporting:- collation of inputs required from “Heads of” for reporting to team senior management and CFO. Preparation of presentations to same audience.
- Running ad hoc reports for Procurement and the Business, as required.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT & PROJECTS
- Identifying opportunities for Process Improvement
- Supporting projects relevant to Procurement, working with colleagues in other relevant teams (e.g. Sourcing, Accounts Payable, Finance Systems, business). Examples:-
- rollouts of Procurement Technology
- developing and delivering training
- revisions of contracts due to changing legislative or business requirements (e.g. GDPR)
- Informal, “dotted-line” supervision of junior staff. Includes:-
- Work planning
- Task review
- Feedback for Performance assessment
- Work closely with the business, Accounts Payable and Finance Systems function to assist in resolving queries on supplier setups and invoice payments
- Manage content on Procurement Sharepoint webpage
- Any other reasonable and relevant tasks required to help Procurement achieve its objectives and provide valuable service to our customers.
- Strong Excel skills, including knowledge of large spreadsheets, pivot tables, sorting, charts, IF statements and VLOOKUPS
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Strong Interpersonal skills, comfortable dealing with stakeholders in other teams sometimes at senior levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, comfortable preparing reports for senior and executive management
- Proactive, highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Willingness, ability and resilience required to learn quickly and work in a challenging, fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Proven ability to work to deadlines, prioritising and multitasking as required.
- Team player able to work with others to meet team objectives
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for Process Improvement, including introduction of relevant technology where appropriate
Education & Experience Required:
- Degree Level Educated
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years’ experience working in a Procurement role