The Security Engagement Intern is a member of the Paddy Power Betfair security team, reporting to the Security Engagement Manager.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator who is capable of interacting with both technical and non-technical people.
- Encourage interaction from the areas (answer ad-hoc questions, support the improvement of security of processes) and understand the area’s people, process & technology.
- Have knowledge of the work going on between the areas and Security to support an efficient workflow, correct prioritisation and understand the ‘bigger picture’.
- Support the creation of relevant security metrics that helps the team to track and improve performance in security services delivery.
- Work to maintain the single source of truth on initiatives timelines
- Assist the team in the collection and reporting of project metrics and identification of project issues and risks
- Assist in preparing project and team level resorts for leadership
- Manage the initiation and update of projects in our portfolio management systems
- Assist in the creation of resource utilization planning and other key areas of project planning
- Participate in / assist in leading agile ceremonies for agile development team
- Identifies and remove blockers and other constraints to maintain maximum flow
- Facilitates refinement sessions, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives
- Performs capacity planning and tracks work in order to generate forecasts and communicate progress
- Works with team ongoingly to identify and eliminate waste within processes or practises
- Maintains tools (such as Target Process, Confluence etc) as well as physical boards to ensure displays are always accurate
Key Skills & Attributes
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail and proactive “can-do” approach
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and work to tight time frames as necessary
- Ability to work as a strong team member, enforcing standards and completing documentation
- Keen interest in working with new technologies
- Proven ability and desire to innovate
- Positive attitude and fast learner
- Capable of adapting to a changing environment
- Excellent English verbal and writing communication skills are essential
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Structured thinking and a clear ability to plan and deliver a desired outcome
- Strong computer skills, including Excel and PowerPoint