We are looking to fill the role of a Senior UI Visual Designer. Our team is responsible for intelligently designing products used by a huge audience of users every day, so we are looking for informed strategic designers with strong collaborative instincts, who base their decisions on data and the customer needs.
PaddyPower Betfair is more than just gambling and gaming. Our production teams keep safe responsible gambling at the heart of everything we do, and we need compassionate creatives to help keep our interactive services a safe place to play.
As a UI Designer you’ll be deeply involved in the digital production process – from brainstorming and validating ideas to working with creative development teams to discover new solutions in an ever-changing digital landscape.
What will it be like?
The successful candidate will join a team of 50 Designers & Researchers spread across four international sites. Being part of such a large design team brings a great variety of creative influences and cultures, which we exploit at every opportunity.
Our company values of Collaboration, Integrity, Agility, Low Ego and Relentless Will-To-Win are embedded in to the company’s culture as are our commitments to diversity and doing the right thing by our customers.
Personal development of team members and their comfort of life is also key to our working values. So you will be supported in your career through training and mentoring and enjoy flexible working for good work/life balance.
It’s also worth mentioning that the place of work in Cluj is a multi award-winning office, voted best place to work in Cluj/Romania.
- Work with UX designers, developers and stakeholders to translate and visualise design aspirations to fully realised interactive products for a wide range of devices and interfaces in alignment with brand and design guidelines.
- Work with UX and test teams to produce interactive prototypes for testing.
- Working with and managing design systems and guidelines.
- Ensure quality and consistency of design output.
- Uphold business aspirations of ways of working and strategic initiatives.
- Follow professional and responsible working practices; Documentation and back-up of work, presenting work and taking feedback, etc.
- Involvement in the facilitation of requirement gathering and creative workshops.
- Assist and mentor other design team members. Providing feedback and identifying areas for improvement.
- Three or more years of UI design experience, ideally with experience in designing complex solutions for complete digital environments
- Strong portfolio proving a good understanding of UX design best practices and of modern, responsive design
- Strong working knowledge in UI related software such as Sketch and Adobe Photoshop is a must.
- Deep understanding of required digital assets and creation, particularly vector based assets such as SVG’s.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, usability and accessibility concerns
- Good technical/digital understanding, able to evaluate the potential development impacts of design decisions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
- Able to strategically approach large/multiple tasks, prioritise and manage own workloads.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be collaborative and open to receiving feedback. Knowing when to rapidly deliver multiple options for review and when to move forward to pixel perfection.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
Nice to have
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.