We are looking for an enthusiastic dedicated, self-motivated Graduate DevOps Engineer to work within our team to implement and support the front end of a highly transactional and highly available product. The role is responsible for delivery and support from development through to production for a given product portfolio.
The successful candidate will be proactive, thorough and have good technical and problem solving skills, with a positive and results-driven attitude. They will be striving to learn in short time how to provide high quality products within agreed timelines, aiming for “right first time, every time” results and driving continuous improvements across the Linux environments.
- Fast learner of Deployment and configuration of new software application releases
- On-going support of a given applications portfolio
- Fast learner of Installation of standard build from development through to production
- Open to learn on Assisting other engineers and developers within the team to build and scale the infrastructure for growth, security, and resilience
- Understanding of hardware and software design documents
- Learning resource estimations for projects and software releases
- Stay with a Devops mentor so that he learn quick how to act as an escalation point for 1st line support for various issues within the team
- Start learning on how to perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Starting knowledge and experience of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administration
- Basic Experience in application deployment and configuration on Linux platforms
- Basic Experience of supporting JBoss/Tomcat/Cougar
- Basic Oracle and Networking knowledge
- Eager to learn and help in problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting and root cause analysis capabilities.
- Basic knowledge in using scripting technologies (Shell, Bash, Perl, Batch, python, ruby) to create/modify scripts
- Ability to build on and use open-source tools/projects.
- Knowledge of automation tools (Chef/Puppet/CFengine)
- Implementation and configuration of monitoring tools
- Experience with packaging of applications
- Networking experience and knowledge
- Understanding of high-volume transactional systems and distributed applications
- Basic knowledge of AWS (Compute, Storage), Openstack Cloud solutions.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven and demonstrable troubleshooting and logical fault-diagnostic skills
- Attention to detail and proactive “can-do” approach to all aspects of systems administration
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and work to tight timeframes as necessary
- Ability to work as a strong team member, enforcing standards and completing documentation
- Keen interest in working with new technologies
- Proven ability and desire to innovate
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.