In 2016, Paddy Power and Betfair merged to form one of the leading sports betting and gaming groups in the world: Paddy Power Betfair plc. The merger propelled the enlarged group into the FTSE 100. This year, the Group merged its US business with fantasy sports provider Fan Duel to continue its growth in the United States.
The Paddy Power brand is widely seen as one of the most distinctive consumer brands in the UK and Ireland. The Betfair brand is famous for Innovation: Betfair pioneered the betting exchange in 2000 – a product which altered the landscape of the sports betting industry.
Today, Paddy Power Betfair is a force to be reckoned with. We have a market-leading presence in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the USA, as well as a range of B2C and B2B operations across Europe.
We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Advisor to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about on a wide variety of commercial, technology and employment issues.
We’re looking for a general commercial lawyer that has around 3 to 4 years’ experience, but we’re not obsessed with experience. What’s more important is that you have solid experience of drafting, reviewing and advising on a variety of commercial contracts and you can demonstrate the flexibility to deal with various legal issues as they arise in a fast-moving business. Ideally, you will have some experience of advising on employment issues or have the appetite to do so. The Legal Advisor is accountable for taking the day to day legal responsibilities and providing legal advice that includes all the aspects of the analysis, investigation and drafting process.
1. Conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters of the organization;
2. Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents;
3. Be actively involved in the preparation and drafting of various statutory legal documentation and draft legal opinions as well;
4. Revise and oversee all company contracts, as well as provide legal assistance while dealing with some particular legal matters, litigations, contracts;
5. Assist with dispute resolution and guide the company representatives on making appropriate decisions;
6. Manage the process of contract renewals, terminations and enforcement of contractual terms, as necessary;
7. Keep the Romania Leadership team informed on all legal matters and issues the company faces or is exposed to, and work with the senior management team and colleagues as necessary/appropriate.
8. Advise on employment matters, including reviewing and updating HR policies and employment contract terms in order to ensure legal compliance as well as liaise with external lawyers on the same;
9. Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, labour and tax authorities, other external parties, etc.), creating relations of trust;
10. Maintain constant up-to-date knowledge of alterations in legislation.
Key Skills & Competencies:
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.