Location: Dublin/London/Porto/Cluj, frequent travel required
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Director of Technology, Cyber Security is accountable for product and infrastructure security, technical risk management, technical compliance, data security, cyber threat and security operations.
The Director of Technology, Cyber Security will take a constructive and collaborative approach, working with peers across PPB Technology, Flutter Technology and the wider business to achieve the right balance between security, pace of delivery and ease of use for our key customer and employee facing systems. The Director of Technology, Cyber Security will also serve as primary point of contact for the internal audit function and be required, on a regular basis, to present to divisional and Group executive teams and to the Flutter Entertainment Board.
With team members and key stakeholders in multiple Global locations, the Director of Technology, Cyber Security will be required to travel frequently.
- Accountable for the delivery of customer focused outcomes, setting out a clear set of success metrics and seeking to unearth insights which drive forward our understanding of the customer experience;
- Attracting and retaining talent, ensuring that high performers are continuously challenged, and poor performers are managed up or out;
- Actively and energetically communicates to support change and acts as an organisational glue to bring together functions and locations;
- Driving a culture of openness and continuous improvement which captures, shares and implements key learnings;
- Owning the relationship with key third parties to ensure that we maintain a constructive relationship that enables the achievement of our goals;
- Engaging with colleagues inside and outside Technology to ensure cross-functional initiatives are delivered and dependencies are managed;
- Managing budgets effectively and ensure resources are deployed as cost-effectively as possible;
- Defining and executing large scale programmes, ensuring appropriate change management and risk management.
- Define and deliver the strategy for information security in PPB, in line with the PPB Technology and corporate strategies
- Lead capabilities and teams that ensure the most sensitive information assets across PPB are well protected.
- Partner with key stakeholders in PPB Technology, Flutter Technology and the wider business, ensuring that the PPB Cyber Security teams are challenged to deliver pragmatic solutions at pace while maintaining an appropriate level of risk
- Communicate Technology Security risks for consideration by the Corporate Risk Committee and Board Audit Committee
- Embed a culture of security awareness at PPB through open and collaborative communication
- Work with internal and external auditors and regulators to drive a satisfactory outcome for PPB in relation to regulation and technology audits
- Effective Communicator: Provides clarity on business goals; is effective in all types of communication; adjusts communication style to fit the audience; consistently communicates the mission, vision and values to inspire, energise and motivate others throughout PPB; ensures others understand how their efforts positively impact the bigger picture; creates an environment that encourages effective communication and the sharing of diverse perspectives
- Talent Focused: Demonstrates a strong commitment to the development of talent at PPB; recommends and supports development activities in preparation for future roles; invests time to coach and mentor others; builds and proactively manages development to ensure a pipeline of talent is in place; identifies and takes proactive steps to resolve current and future gaps in PPB’s talent pool and succession plan; is a talent magnet, capable of identifying, attracting, selecting and developing top talent including and not shying away from talent that goes beyond their own capabilities; finds and attracts diverse talent who have the critical capabilities needed by the organisation; works to create an organisation that is an attractive place to work
- Big Thinker: Constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help PPB respond to change and shape the future; drives self and others to pursue opportunities that will create sustainable value for PPB; contributes to the functional and the PPB strategy, mapping and aligning efforts to strategic imperatives
- Quality Decision Maker: Makes quality, long and short-term decisions at pace considering various inputs and through collaborating effectively; provides tools to empower teams to make decisions; regularly practices and encourages cross-functional problem solving and decision making
- Commercially Savvy: Makes it their business to be aware and anticipate emerging external factors and changing market dynamics; constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help PPB respond to change and shape the future; has deep understanding of business drivers and the industry to guide decisions and lead others
- Customer Obsessed: Builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders; champions the needs of customers and the importance of exceeding expectations; builds and delivers solutions that exceed customer expectations; prioritises customer satisfaction and builds commitment in others to provide outstanding service
- Hungry for Results: Drives teams in the matrix to achieve and exceed results with agility, pace and energy through high impact, bold and challenging objectives; always takes accountability for results and is able to cut across silos to make the right decisions that they and others can be proud of; proactively addresses obstacles to organisational performance and motivates others to achieve even in difficult situations; has a strong reputation with stakeholders for being trusted, fair and for doing what’s right
- Nimble: Is energised by new and unfamiliar situations and quickly adapts; advocates active experimentation and encourages others to be agile in their approach; is adaptable and flexible when developing others encouraging them to learn quickly when faced with new situations and be open to new ideas and ways of working; proactively shares lessons learned across the organisation.
- Wins Together: Gains trust and support of others, generous with time, advice and knowledge; is able to establish and engage networks to get stuff done rather than depend on authority; seeks out opportunities to break down barriers and collaborate and partner across organisational boundaries.
- Resilient: Creates a climate where people are curious, resilient, determined, learn and adapt; handles and manages crises effectively; anticipates and shows the way forward during setbacks; builds energy in others to stick with it/ to stay on track / push through.
- Experience of operating in a senior technology role within a fast-paced online/eCommerce organisation
- Experience of taking complex and technical concepts and successfully communicating these to non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of creating multi-faceted, multi-year strategies that contribute to commercial performance
- Demonstrable experience of leading culturally and globally diverse teams to successfully deliver against strategic objectives
- Extensive experience of stakeholder management, up to and including C-suite
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.