Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Creating CSS-based layouts using semantic, W3C standards-compliant HTML
- Review product specifications in order to give development estimates and product feedback.
- Innovative technical design and creative of technical specifications.
- Work in an Agile environment.
- Software creation, adhering to and feeding back into departmental standards and guidelines.
- Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
- Self learning is considered to be a plus.
- Creative problem solver
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders.
Key Working Relationships:
- This position involves working with and been part of a cross-skilled development team, and will have regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Betfair products & tools.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- HTML, CSS (layout, media, typography, selectors) at expert level
- Extremely proficient in cross platform, cross-browser issues, HTML problem solving
- Knowledge of CSS3, HTML5 and emerging technologies.
- At least 2 years experience
- jQuery/Less frameworks
- Java (Servlet/JSP)
- Understanding of gambling / gaming systems.
- Experience with JSF, Struts or other web framework is considered to be a plus if the above are met
- Understanding of the full development cycle and some experience of Agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP)
- Experience with content management systems
- An eye for visual precision and attention to detail
- Understanding of and experience with application architectures (client/server, web, database)
- Experience with JS front-end frameworks like Angular or React
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.