We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, highly skilled Tax Exemption professional to join our great team of Finance.
The person in this role must be able to work independently, take a hands-on approach, and interface effectively with professionals at all levels. You’ll need excellent communication, professional interpersonal skills, and the ability to function in an innovative environment.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Coordinates the tax exemption process;
- Ensures that all legal requirements for applying the tax exemption are met;
- Liaises with the HR and technical departments to determine the application of the exemption for new employees;
- Ensures that the activity reports and internal orders are maintained in time and up-to-date;
- Reviews monthly or as frequently as needed the applicability of the exemption and the accuracy of the information in the payroll system;
- Assists in the creation of a governance framework needed for managing the tax exemption process;
- Assists with the redesign of our current exemption decision process and the creation of the software and paperwork infrastructure necessary to implement the governance model;
- Responsible for operationalizing the governance model and continuously monitoring its effectiveness;
- Enacts audit requirements and adheres to all Finance policies and procedures;
- Works closely with other team members towards achieving company goals;
- Assists the Finance team in determining the revenue obtained from software development activities and performs any other accounting duties related to the tax exemption.
- University graduate;
- 3-4 years of relevant working experience;
- Previous experience in payroll accounting and tax exemption process would be ideal;
- Excellent knowledge of Romanian labour legislation; also, desirable to have previous project management and general accounting experience;
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written);
- Computer proficiency and excellent MS Excel skills;
- Team player, self-motivated, committed, pro-active, and results-oriented;
- Good business and commercial acumen;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently and deliver excellent results without much supervision.
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.
Our values are important to us. In fact they shape and guide everything we do – from improving our performance and working as a team, to hiring the right people and developing our talent.
There are five key values that we live by:
Relentless Will To Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
Integrity: We take pride in doing what’s right. No exceptions.
Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.