We are looking for an enthusiastic dedicated, self-motivated Automation/DevOps Engineer to work within our Data Automation team to support all Data platforms and services across Paddy Power Betfair.
The successful candidate will be proactive, thorough and have excellent technical and problem solving skills, with a positive and results-driven attitude.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Evaluation and installation of new applications, monitoring and support of existing ones, improving the existing cloud and on-premises environments by using Automation and DevOps tools and processes, scripting, and pushing for automation and an Automation / DevOps mentality.
- Deployment and configuration of new cloud based Data platforms, new software application releases, monitoring and alerting, etc.
Key Working Relationships:
This position involves working with and been part of a cross-skilled data engineering team, and will have regular contact with the Data development teams, Architecture, infrastructure, networking and other technology teams and business stakeholders.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Fluent in English
- Year(s) of Linux/Unix-like administration, preferably RedHat/CentOS
- Networking knowledge
- Demonstrable scripting or programming knowledge (shell scripting, Python)
- Basic experience with databases
- Understanding of configuration management and server orchestration
- Understanding of continuous integration/deployment
- Ability to work and communicate with non-technical business staff
- Continuous integration/deployment experience (Jenkins, Go), highly desirable
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, etc., highly desirable
- Experience working in large environments, with experience and understanding of change control and release management processes
- AWS experience
- Implementation and configuration of monitoring tools
- Experience of load balancing products, clustering and/or high availability
- Experience with packaging of applications
Skills & Attributes
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills. An ability to communicate and manage expectations under pressure is vital
- Attention to detail and proactive “can-do” approach to all aspects of systems administration
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and work to tight timeframes as necessary
- Keen interest in working with new technologies
At Betfair, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Therefore, we value people who deliver a great service that directly benefits our customers. We look for five key values in our people:
- Relentless Will To Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
- Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
- Integrity: We take pride in doing what’s right. No exceptions.
- Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
- Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.