Is this you?
You have spent years using agile and lean practices to deliver world class software. You are a Kaizen creature who never stops thinking about how to improve yourself and your team.
When hardware fails, your applications keep going because they are fault tolerant. When the company grows, your applications scale right alongside. Customers enjoy using your applications, because they are reactive and always perform well.
You understand that building the ‘right thing’ is as important as building the ‘thing right’, and have leveraged test-driven techniques such as ATDD to achieve both. You believe that software quality is the responsibility of the whole team, regardless of job titles.
You understand and embrace the philosophy of Continuous Delivery. You have no interest in throwing your work ‘over the wall’ to anybody. Instead, you passionately believe in an agile, DevOps-centric team that builds, tests, releases and operates its own applications.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Creating CSS-based layouts using semantic, W3C standards-compliant HTML
- Review product specifications in order to give development estimates and product feedback.
- Innovativetechnical design and creative of technical specifications.
- Work in an Agile environment.
- Software creation, adhering to and feeding back into departmental standards and guidelines.
- Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
- Self learning is considered to be a plus.
- Creative problem solver
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders.
Key Working Relationships:
- This position involves working with and been part of a cross-skilled development team, and will have regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Betfair products & tools.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- HTML, CSS (layout, media, typography, selectors) at expert level
- Extremely proficient in cross platform, cross-browser issues, HTML problem solving
- Knowledge of CSS3, HTML5 and emerging technologies.
- At least 3 years experienceDesirable:
- React/Preact/Angular/jQuery/Less frameworks
- Understanding of the full development cycle and some experience of Agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP)
- An eye for visual precision and attention to detail
- Understanding of and experience with application architectures (client/server, web, database)
- Team player who brings also fun to the team
- Self motivating
- Strong analytical skills
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.