The successful candidate will have exceptional technical and problem-solving skills, with a positive, results driven attitude.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Review product specifications in order to give development estimates and product feedback.
- Innovative technical design and creative of technical specifications.
- Thorough, demonstrable unit testing.
- Code reviews, by and for peers.
- Stay current on new technologies as they relate to web-based application development.
- Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
Key Working Relationships:
- This position involves working with and being part of a cross-skilled development team and will have regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Betfair products & tools.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Proven commercial development experience using Java frameworks
- Understanding of and experience with application architectures (service oriented, client/server, web, database).
- Experience with build tools e.g. Maven2
- Experience with web and application servers
- At least 1-3 years’ experience.
- Experience with scripting programming languages (Go, Python, Perl)
- Exposure to web application servers: JBoss, Tomcat
- Good SQL knowledge
- Understanding of User Experience and Usability principles
- Experience with Linux operating system (bash scripting, console)
- Experience using the Google Adwords/Doubleclick Search APIs
- Passion & flexibility to work the hours required to see projects to completion in a timely, accurate & efficient manner.
- Proven ability & desire to innovate.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.