Are you passionate about developing the very best user experiences on iOS devices? We want our apps to set the standard for the industry – the yardstick by which other providers will be judged. We have a very successful existing product which we now want to take to the next level in terms of usability and functionality.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Review product specifications in order to give development estimates and product feedback
- Innovative technical design and creative of technical specifications
- Thorough, demonstrable unit testing
- Code reviews, by and for peers
- Work in an Agile environment
- Software creation, adhering to and feeding back into departmental standards and guidelines
- Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders
Key Working Relationships:
- This position involves working with and being part of a cross-skilled development team and will have regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Betfair products & tools.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Significant iOS product development experience with C++, Objective-C, iOS SDK, Xcode (please include details of your portfolio)
- Automated iOS application testing experience;
- Experience of working with transactional back-end systems;
- Ability to create simple yet extendable UI designs;
- Have a clear understanding of performance best practices;
- Passion for building a great consumer product that our customers will love.
- At least 2 years’ experience.
- Experience in developing mobile-optimized native applications and adapting to the capabilities of different devices is considered a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML5 features is considered a plus.
- Experience with REST, Web Services (SOAP)
- Understanding of the full development cycle and some experience of Agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP).
- Experience on Android platforms is a plus
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Team player who brings also fun to the team
- Proven ability & desire to innovate
- Strong analytical skills
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.