We are looking for several exceptional Product Owners to deliver game-changing improvements for Betfair’s customers and business. Reporting to a Product Manager, you will bridge technical and business worlds as you continually deliver improvements and innovative product features across mobile and web. You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at great speed.
- Leads requirements gathering effort based on Product Management input
- Responsible for writing user stories, acceptance criteria, stocking, grooming and prioritizing backlogs, producing release plans and epic roadmaps, running show and tells and producing release communications and tracking benefits realization
- Attending all scrum ceremonies
- Accountable for the timely availability and accuracy of requirements for development projects, ensuring the engineering teams can develop software as efficiently as possible.
- Work with the User Experience department to ensure implemented features match with their user journeys and design
- Maintains the written ‘source of truth’: documented user stories recording the agreed requirements of all product owners and stakeholders to enable traceability and re-use.
- Performs change management through product and sprint backlogs as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keeps Technology management, Programme Management, Product Management well informed of the status of development requirements and scope.
- Communicates and enforces requirements specification standards.
- Understands the dependencies between technology components and how they combine to deliver solutions to the end consumer and to the business.
- Consistently creates high-quality well documented, easily sustained deliverables and documentation.
- Understands and balances commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities.
- Ensures that all solutions meet company-wide, ‘hygiene’ requirements in terms of non-functional performance, security, compliance, social responsibility
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in Mobile
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, based on a data driven approach
- Knowledge of techniques for requirements elicitation and specification.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, drives for simplicity and clarity, able to confidently present and influence senior management
- Knowledge of A/B testing and ecommerce best practices
- Google Analytics
- Experience with working with structured project lifecycles.