We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, technical driven professional to work in a team of engineers developing highly available enterprise products.
Our continued business success and growth demand a lot from our technology, including transaction volumes that surpass many of the world’s leading financial institutions. Our engineers are committed to find the best solutions to complex technical challenges together with professional team members.
The successful candidate will have exceptional technical and problem solving skills, with a positive, results driven attitude.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Software creation, unit testing, adhering to standards and best practices
- Write technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively
- Code reviews, by and for peers
- Work in an Agile environment
- Contribute to team development
Key Working Relationships:
- This position involves working within a cross-skilled development team, and having regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Betfair products & tools.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Java basics
- Concepts of Object Oriented Programming, also any insight on the more in depth Design Pattern knowledge
- Linux basics, Operating Systems basics
- Concepts of logging, debugging
- Networking – high level idea on networking (OSI Layers, TCP/UDP protocols, networking equipment like firewalls, load balancers, IPs, etc)
- Data storage – high level insight on the Relational DB Management Systems (MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL), NoSQL, file systems
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Team player who brings also fun to the team
- Proven ability & desire to innovate
- Strong analytical skills
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.