The Delivery Assurance Manager is responsible for Delivery Portfolio planning of all product and technology initiatives under Customer Engagement & Acquisition Tribes.
The role has specific responsibility for optimising resource utilisation across the team, budget management, internal and external dependency management and risk management.
By forming strong relationships with colleagues across Customer Engagement & Acquisition Tribes stakeholders the role holder will ensure priorities are clearly understood and communicated to the product engineering teams and will provide a transparent and accurate view of the current status of delivery and future demand.
This role reports into the Head of Delivery Assurance for the Retain & Grow mission and will require travel to other locations including London, Dublin, Porto.
- Together with the other Delivery Assurance Managers and Portfolio, design and implement a governance framework and best practices toolset with processes which enable and encourage continuous improvements and shared learnings
- Customer Engagement & Acquisition Tribes Delivery Portfolio Planning and Reporting of initiatives
- Clear understanding of the business hypotheses and through facilitation from all teams ensuring a recommendation is in place regarding best iterative way to influence the outcomes through scope definition, planning, test and learn and decision making for further investment.
- Contribution to the strategic outcomes as demonstrated by the defined KPIs. Ongoing assessment of these KPIs with clear and actionable insights.
- Build and maintain the single source of truth on initiatives timelines and scrum team allocation
- Facilitate prioritisation across product and technology initiatives
- Clearly communicate priorities to the delivery teams and stakeholders
- Resource allocation and optimisation based on priorities and technical dependencies
- Facilitate Technology input into Investment Requests
- Internal and External dependency management for initiatives
- Delivery Risks and Issues tracking and Implement mitigation plans
- Work together with the Heads of Tribes to provide Resource View from a capacity and capability point of view
- Own a continuous improvements plan for Customer Engagement & Acquisition Tribes
- Lead a team of Delivery Assurance Leads
- Proven track record of delivering complex technology through multi-disciplinary teams using agile and lean software development methods;
- Structured thinking and a clear ability to plan and deliver technical outcomes to get to the end architecture;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain complex technical challenges in a simple and effective manner;
- Highly commercially aware with a strong customer focus;
- Experience of driving third-party vendors to deliver high performance;
- Ability to set priorities and focus teams on what is most important;
- Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders based on mutual respect, openness and transparency;
- Gives honest, direct feedback to team members and stakeholders to help resolve issues quickly;
- Works at pace and conveys a sense of urgency to the team;
- Leads by example in terms of work ethic and professional attitude;
- Able to project manage work and prioritise effectively;
- Works well under time and environmental pressures;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- LEADERSHIP & PEOPLE MANAGEMENT – A strong natural leader and people manager; adept at hiring talent and able to motivate, lead, develop and empower people and foster loyalty. A strong communicator able to present a vision and take their team on a journey.
- INFLUENCING SKILLS – Highly developed stakeholder management skills; able to collaborate well and develops strong relationships.
- CULTURE FIT – Pace, high self-awareness, high IQ and EQ, ambitious, low ego, transparent, entrepreneurial, high integrity, accountable, results-focused and flexible.
- COMMERCIALLY SAVVY – Keeps up to date with current and future trends and business developments; uses this knowledge to shape and guide decisions and actions to positively impact business drivers; provides insight on the business and industry, exploring and discussing the potential implications of change
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Strong communications skills are a crucial requirement in this position, as technical solutions often need non tech-based inter-departmental explanations, especially when dealing with support teams.
- RESILIENCE – Is resilient and confident under pressure; handles and manages crises effectively; maintains a positive attitude despite adversity; bounces back from setbacks; grows from hardships and negative experiences
- Experience of working with agile development practices
- Experience in implementing 3rd party products and platforms
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.