We are looking for an outstanding person to manage a skilled Project Manager team and work with key business customers, stakeholders, external technology partners and all groups within PaddyPower Betfair organization to lead projects from concept to customers.
The Project Delivery Manager will support the successful delivery of projects through effective planning, risk management and communication with the relevant senior stakeholders.
Work closely with all relevant Paddy Power Betfair areas to clearly communicate and promote strategies, dependencies and plans for all projects and initiatives under his/her portfolio.
On occasion, the role may also be responsible for directly leading one or more key PPB initiatives, ensuring the successful delivery of technology outcomes. This may involve working across multiple teams, disciplines and locations outside of their own department.
This role reports into the Head of Delivery Assurance, Games Marketing and Customer Management and will require travel to other locations including London, Dublin and Porto.
- Manages effectively within a matrix organization.
- Manages the development of the team by ensuring development opportunities for each individual.
- Motivates and inspires co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages change effectively and delivers constructive feedback.
- Manages team capacity effectively by ensuring the delivery of multiple unique work streams.
- Uses effective knowledge management to ensure team resources are dynamic and able to accommodate multiple unique work streams where required.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Manages stakeholder interaction and expectations regarding development efforts.
- Develops excellent relationships with senior stakeholders and key personnel across the business.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Builds a knowledge base of each stakeholder’s business, systems and objectives.
- Seeks feedback from stakeholders in a process of continual process improvement.
- Excels at staff recruitment and succession planning.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors Project Managers through formal and informal channels.
- Encourages less experienced Project Managers to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Capable of leading cross functional teams/task forces.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Define, track and report on team and staff metrics (KPIs).
Governance and Control
- Defines Project Management frameworks and best practices in collaboration with other Project Delivery Managers for the team to adhere to
- Controlling programmes/projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Initiating management actions in response to project progress reports (achievement, productivity and risk).
- Reports status and prognosis.
- Quality Checking of all project management documentation to meet governance requirements, and provide documented evidence and SMART feedback.
- Managing schedule and resource dependencies and conflict between projects.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of programme/project planning processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of programme/project methodology.
- Knowledge of risk trade off options and their impact on project success.
- Knowledge of project constraints.
- Knowledge of sources of project complexity.
- Awareness of corporate, industry and professional standards in the programme/project Management environment.
- Advanced stakeholder management skills.
- Advanced negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Advanced monitoring and reporting skills.
- Advanced planning skills.
- Advanced ability to detect and resolving problems.
- Advanced quality management skills.
- Advanced Analytical Skills.
- Ability to understand complex organisational designs and structures and understands how to relate these to the Project Management team
- Advanced ability to manage uncertainty and understand the impact of this project/programme outcomes
- Advanced ability to remain impartial at all times.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Provide clear concise communication to all levels of the organisation.
- Facilitates team and stakeholder meetings effectively.
- Keeps development team well informed of changes to specifications and scope.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- +3 years’ experience in a management/similar position.
- Extensive experience in working within a distributed global organisation.
- Experience of managing a diverse portfolio of product/technology components.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting and root cause analysis capabilities.
- Experienced in creation and roll-out of technical and procedural standards.
- Experience of working in large environments, with experience and understanding of programme management processes
Flexible working is our way of working! We’re a diverse workforce and therefore a ‘one size fits all’ approach isn’t necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let’s have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.