- basic Java/OOP knowledge
At Betfair Romania, we take pride in having the best people, the best ideas and the best products. So it’s not surprising that we lead in the industry. In fact, we’re the best there is. The people in our teams are passionate about creating products that are unrivalled across the industry.
You’ve got the drive. We’ve got the success and we’ve hit the big time. So we can take you where you need to go.
From our modern offices to our regular FedEx Days, there are loads of reasons to get involved. Not least the chance to work on innovative projects that will give you the skills for a successful and exciting career.
If you’ve got the ambition to work on challenging projects and take responsibility from the word go, really becoming a part of what makes Betfair tick, it’s time we got together.
Our paid internship programme lasts all year round. The placements can cover skills in all of the following areas.
Just check the latest vacancies to see what’s on offer right now. To apply for the internship, submit your CV at Romania.Internship@betfair.com
We have internship vacancies in 7 areas:
The Risk and Trading function within Paddy Power Betfair works with various functions across the Group striving to deliver industry leading sports betting product, pricing and customer experience. The function is split into three Risk & Trading verticals (Racing, Football and Sports), an analytics & modelling team, an operations team and a trading product team. We strive for excellence in every aspect of the operation and look for people who are numerate, smart and ambitious to take on leadership roles within the function.
Exchange Ops is a proactive, customer obsessed, data-driven team responsible for managing the day to day running of Betfair’s Exchange as well as driving the strategic development of the Exchange proposition. The team is expected to manage Exchange markets flawlessly to ensure the best possible customer experience and, working closely with teams across the business such as Trading, Product, Commercial, Marketing & Technology to devise, optimise and deliver strategies to leverage the many strengths and benefits of the Exchange for Betfair’s customers.
This role involves working in rotating shifts. The business schedule includes day shifts (9 A.M. to 12 P.M. timeframe), weekends included. Night shifts might occur, according to the business needs.
In this entry-level position you will be responsible for the supporting the Betfair Exchange and both the Paddy Power and Betfair Sportsbooks in a wide range of tasks in order to facilitate the business in delivering the best customer experience and product offering. It also provides the opportunity to contribute to the evolution of the Exchange and Sportsbook products and gain exposure to the key operations of what makes an industry leading betting company. This position can provide a solid platform for progression throughout the organisation for high performing successful applicants.
Education, Technical Competencies & Experience
• Self learning is considered to be a plus.
• Creative problem solver
• Contribute to the overall testing effort on projects
• Knowledge & experience in writing SQL
• Competent with object oriented or functional programming
• Knowledge/ experience using relational databases such as Oracle
This is a 7 months-fixed term contract.
This role will report into the Operations Team Lead, and will have the following responsibilities:
• Setting up new game content
• Supporting roll out of new product
• Contributor to overall Gaming/Betfair operational performance
• Promotional management: Working closely with marketing teams to define and create customer promotions and then execute/fulfil. Build bonuses, perform customer segmentation, payment handling.
• Resolve customer queries relating to current and past promotions
• Design and build automated promotions
• Fulfil scheduled promotions
• Making ad hoc credits and bonuses
• Review new player registrations, closing out exploits/fraud and passing potential high rollers to VIP teams
• Set and be familiar with Game limits configuration for Casino based products
• Act as a customer for product and technology teams on the backend tools used day to day. Work cooperatively for defining scenarios and requirements on how operational efficiency can be increased.
• Focused on results and being a problem solver on a daily basis
• Contribute to best practices for operational execution
• Contribute to planning excellence by providing input on how to do things
Skills and experience
– Good understanding of internet technology and devices
– Familiar with the processes and toolset used within an e-commerce function, including CMS, Microsoft Office etc.
– Great communication and relationship building skills.
– Drive, energy and a sense of humor
– Strong problem solving skills with clear attention to detail
– Demonstrable experience of issue resolution within an online organization
– Educated to Bachelor degree level, major in computing or e-commerce preferred.
Note: this role will involve weekend and out of normal business hours work (possible UK hours schedule /11 am – 8 pm Romania time), as required, to deal with site issues and particularly busy periods in the sporting calendar
In this internship role you will work closely with the Product Owner in a wide range of tasks (e.g. writing requirements for the development teams, writing documentation, taking ownership of smaller requirements from elicitation to implementation, etc.) in order to facilitate the business in delivering the best customer experience and product offering. It also provides the opportunity to contribute to the evolution of our products. This position can provide a solid platform for progression throughout the organisation for high performing successful applicants.
Sounds like you? Submit your CV at Romania.Internship@betfair.com, mentioning the role you have applied for